PDA

View Full Version : 2 ltr Conversion Advice??

Anonymous
01-02-02, 06:26 PM
how difficult is it to do the 2ltr 16 v conversion? Ive got a pretty good facility with 2 poster lifts, engine cranes etc. do u leave it fuel injected or take the injection unit off and put it on carbs? Do you buy a kit which includes all parts to do job?? eg drive shafts, mounts etc? if so how much are these kits?? What do u do for strengthing and bracing engine bay? Is it better to buy a written off cavy and nick bits eg engine, brakes than buy engine brakes etc separatly?

Any info is appreciated on 2ltr conversions not just answers to the Q's above!! A project is bein planned! Also what would u budget for doin whole project? ( i mean just engine brakes etc, not i.c.e, interiors and external styling!)

Cheers lads!

Anonymous
01-02-02, 06:35 PM
email ste@novaload.net
he knows everything there is to know as far as i can tell.

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
01-02-02, 07:06 PM
u can get the kit from pvd,the cost is ?496. which inc's:induction kit,a full set of engine and gearbox mounts,driveshafts and hub kit,fitting and wiring diagram,and new fastening for front anti-roll bars..as for the injectors it's up to you..you can stay with the injection system or you can put carbs on.. but u will need some of the wiring loom and ecu if staying with injection..strengthing is again up to u, STE has not bothered with his and is doin ok as far as im aware.. but the older the car the more i would say do it.. hope u find it of some help ;)

:D your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments :D

Anonymous
01-02-02, 07:32 PM
yup mines fine car has done 120k now... 30k of that with 16v fitted

the carquip mounts are back so get these

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
01-02-02, 09:44 PM
Cheers for that lads, much appreciated. how much are car quip mounts and are these better?? what sort of a job is it to do? (the whole conversion that is)

Anonymous
01-02-02, 10:39 PM
If you work on a budget of ?3k which is more than enough when you take into concideration sezing the c20xe after 6 miles and having to get a new engine and pistons! The PVD engine mounts are crap they dont push the engine over far enough on the front and the lower pully is very close to the chassis leg which is not good! The Carquip mounts are ?60 for the front one including postage and not sure about the rear one but it aint much. Go to Mann Transmissions for the driveshafts as this is the company who makes them for Courtenay and Regal. You can keep the injection on the engine or fit carbs its up to you really. Rick

Wahoo my car will be done soon and it will only have cost me about ?13k ish and about 8 months!

rex one
27-09-06, 07:37 PM
mann transmissions dont make the shafts for regal and courtny a firm in sheffield make the full kits for both

Ste L
27-09-06, 07:40 PM
why bring up an old post from 2001, you ****ing retard

Philsutton
27-09-06, 08:15 PM
wahooo someones getting some bad rep