PDA

View Full Version : roll cage

Markyc
11-05-07, 07:17 PM
underfeet?? i am selling a roll cage n he has asked if it has them or not i don't have a clue what they are n he reckons its dangerous without

true??

cheers mark

R1CH
11-05-07, 07:24 PM
Never seen / heard of cages having 'underfeet' bars (i pressume ?) !?!

Markyc
11-05-07, 07:36 PM
Never seen / heard of cages having 'underfeet' bars (i pressume ?) !?!

same here!!

R1CH
11-05-07, 07:42 PM
What type of cage are you selling ?
Pics ?

Rich

R1CH
11-05-07, 07:52 PM
Just found your forsale thread, its just a basic 1/2 cage with a diagonal ... can't see what he's on about at all. I was maybe thinking he was on about 'door bars' but seeing as its just a 1/2 cage then he can't be, there isn't any other add ons for a rear 1/2 cage other than a double diagonal and a belt bar !?!

Rich

mikey14sr
11-05-07, 08:28 PM
Think he means the reinforcing plates that go under the floorpan and inside the rear arches?

R1CH
12-05-07, 12:24 AM
Think he means the reinforcing plates that go under the floorpan and inside the rear arches?

Makes sense, wouldn't be to hard to get 4 small steel plates & drill a few holes tho !
Can't see them costing more than a couple of ??? !

Rich

Chunky Lover
12-05-07, 12:32 AM
iirc for some road rallying the cage has to be bolted on to a steel plate wich has been welded to the chasis. only a guess though never heard of the term.

R1CH
12-05-07, 01:44 AM
iirc for some road rallying the cage has to be bolted on to a steel plate wich has been welded to the chasis. only a guess though never heard of the term.

Aye, even with Bolt in cages you get plates to weld the floor / arches so you've got summet to bolt the cage to. If it was just bolted to the floor / arches without mounting plates then it'd probly just just pull the nuts / bolts thru the floor in an impact.

Rich

L14MNP
12-05-07, 02:37 AM
^ aye, sounds like a t00l, wants a decent cage and then moans when there's a few bits off flat plate missing, as R1CH says it aint hard to drill a few holes and cut some plate lol