PDA

View Full Version : converting spi to carbed

paulwar
10-05-07, 09:08 PM
Not been on here for a very long time after selling my road going nova....

now i've just picked up this 1.2 nova www.1300stockcars.co.uk/bangers/Nova/ (http://www.1300stockcars.co.uk/bangers/Nova/)

it's not going back on the road and some little pikey got his hands on it.

So a few things,

converting from single point to carbed, I need fuel pump / carb and inlet manifold, coil and dizzy?

the bottom pannel is well rusty do they come off and i guess i can weld a new replacement pannel on?

apprantly it knocks really bad sounds like bottom end any clues what this could be and smokes like a train.
From the picture it looks like head gasket has gone as it looks like water rusty over where the water bottle is.

it's a j reg so is this mk2?

also this is for oval racing and rules state i must use a pieburg 2E3 with Venturi size of 20/24mm

do they come standard fitted? if so is it easy to tell what a carb is

Thanks in advance
paul

LUV2XLR8
11-05-07, 12:15 AM
best bets are to replace the engine, get an sr lump for about ?100 when you change to carb, leave the ecu in and conect all the wires that will fit the engine, like starter, alternator etc and with the coil you need an sr coil. chop a few fires and conect a few, think they are the black and green ones from the coil to the dizzy

Adam
11-05-07, 12:41 AM
Just change the inlet for a 1.4sr inlet and carb(2e3)
And fit 1.4sr dizzy/coil etc.

You'll also need fit a mech fuel pump, or a regulator with the spi pump.

burgo
11-05-07, 01:43 AM
fooking hell where did you find that?? bottom of a lake?

as for the front panel yes you can get a new panel or about ?40 and they take about 2-3hours two change

Stuart
11-05-07, 08:13 AM
ideally you will change the head too as the spi head is utter dog toilet.

paulwar
11-05-07, 11:49 AM
thanks guys, as to were i found it!!!!! off a mate, i've never seen the front rot like that and the little pikey kids had a play with some black paint. Other then that it's solid underneath / arches etc etc

i think i'll just get a 1.2 engine n have it built rather then bugger around swapping it all

Adam
11-05-07, 12:35 PM
Fit a 1300 head, and 1300 inlet, with the pierburg 2e3.