PDA

View Full Version : street cred

Asa-James
10-05-07, 06:50 PM
my car needs to come off the road for a few days, and the only car i can use to get around in is my ma's Agila 1.2 16v. the question is this, after driving my battered looking 4 door saloon, can my street cred go any lower with the "shoebox"?
http://cars.bayaw.com/pictures/2001-Vauxhall-Agila-1.jpg

Dan 130
10-05-07, 06:52 PM
Yes Lol

Dave.
10-05-07, 06:53 PM
the headlights are bigger than the wheels lol
wont be coming in that tonight will you lol

rc
10-05-07, 06:53 PM
nice vaux mate~ it quick?

Asa-James
10-05-07, 06:56 PM
i've had a ton out of it before(dont tell my mum!!) but its the only car i've been in that understeers the opposite way to where you want it to go (i.e you turn left, it goes right) must admit its pretty nippy tho, what with the 60 bhp engine and all of 400 kg of cardboard to lug round!

Dave.
10-05-07, 06:57 PM
lol.. well keep the nova on the road for as long as you can.. or wear a bag on your head lol (and by that i mean not a clear one :thumb:)

Asa-James
10-05-07, 06:59 PM
what, so i can crash and get rid of it really quickly?

Dave.
10-05-07, 07:00 PM
obviously cut eye holes lol

8VClubman
10-05-07, 07:01 PM
when i worked for suzuki ( dont laugh) i drove the 1.3 wagon r pretty much the same car although it was red and i looked like postman pat , was pretty nippy though , compared to a 1.0l nova that is!

General Baxter
10-05-07, 07:32 PM
does it matter,

if your moaning ****ING WALK

draper
10-05-07, 07:57 PM
^^ 3rd class drivings better than 1st class walking :thumb:

novabex
10-05-07, 08:49 PM
Thats horrid.

dannyb
10-05-07, 08:59 PM
Just try to enjoy it. Some of the most fun I've had in cars is when its a car I don't particularly like (for example, the Nova when I first got it) and I've been abusing it. You might find something about it then that really makes you chuckle!

John
10-05-07, 09:11 PM
Put an let in it whilst she's not looking

mowgli
10-05-07, 09:30 PM
Do those things smell of piss when they are new? or is it something they acquire

goldengraham
10-05-07, 10:47 PM
Do those things smell of piss when they are new? or is it something they acquire

LMFAO!!!!:thumb:

looks horrid, and yeh the headlights are bigger than the wheels lol

Dar
10-05-07, 11:06 PM
If thats the little 3cyl thing they sound awsome when driven hard. Very Impreza like due to the fact that they have only 3 cyls and the Scooby's sound like they are missing.

Kinky Monza
10-05-07, 11:24 PM
GAYDAR car lol

L14MNP
11-05-07, 12:08 AM
I think it's cute lol

*Slllllllllllapp*

Dar
11-05-07, 09:44 AM
GAYDAR car lol

lol They sound good and also you can fit loads of shopping in the back as well:thumb:
They may also be a little bit poofy but hey you can't have everything:D
Im going to say that I like them....who's with me!!:)

Matt2107
11-05-07, 09:47 AM
Buy a Zorro mask!

Lee
11-05-07, 09:55 AM
lol They sound good and also you can fit loads of shopping in the back as well:thumb:
They may also be a little bit poofy but hey you can't have everything:D
Im going to say that I like them....who's with me!!:)

Due to your resent spate of falling in love with horrible cars, I shall opt out of this one.

It looks like whoever designed it didnt actually want to. I can imagine his boss sitting him down in front of his pc, and telling him to stop pouting, and design a small car with 'charachter'.

I think if I were you, i would go and buy a pushbike, or better still, hang yourself! lol

craig green
11-05-07, 09:58 AM
Anything is better than walking tbh. Just wear your Dads jumper & deny it was you.

Thing I most hate about theses Agilas is that they were designed to have a number plate in the recess, on the tailgate. But some muppet in the bumper design studio wasnt told & put a recess for the reg plate in the bumper too!

Next time you see one look. They have 2 places to put a reg plate.

Looks like a modded tailgate gone wrong...............lol

Lee
11-05-07, 10:02 AM
Anything is better than walking tbh. Just wear your Dads jumper & deny it was you.

Thing I most hate about theses Agilas is that they were designed to have a number plate in the recess, on the tailgate. But some muppet in the bumper design studio wasnt told & put a recess for the reg plate in the bumper too!

Next time you see one look. They have 2 places to put a reg plate.

Looks like a modded tailgate gone wrong...............lol

LMAO, cool, you can have a plate made up that says 'my other car isnt homosexual' lol

Dar
11-05-07, 10:04 AM
WTF is 'charachter'? Or is Charachter the really mean bloke in the office who pokes you in the ear with a pencil every time you have a bad idea?

You have to go in one. Next time my mate Russ gets one because hes broken the Vectra again I will tell him to take you out in it. I reckon it was designed as a small mobility vehicle and therefore has to have the huge space at the rear to fit in wheelchairs. However stacks of tyres also go in well (I reckon).

Matt I need no Zorro mask, I just put my hat on sideways and its instant cool dude. If you pull up at some lights and there is a blind dude there you can also get extra kudos by winding the window down, reving the engine and making tishhh noises. They will instantly think your driving a WRC Scooby. Bargin:thumb:

Lee
11-05-07, 10:08 AM
WTF is 'charachter'? Or is Charachter the really mean bloke in the office who pokes you in the ear with a pencil every time you have a bad idea?

You have to go in one. Next time my mate Russ gets one because hes broken the Vectra again I will tell him to take you out in it. I reckon it was designed as a small mobility vehicle and therefore has to have the huge space at the rear to fit in wheelchairs. However stacks of tyres also go in well (I reckon).

Matt I need no Zorro mask, I just put my hat on sideways and its instant cool dude. If you pull up at some lights and there is a blind dude there you can also get extra kudos by winding the window down, reving the engine and making tishhh noises. They will instantly think your driving a WRC Scooby. Bargin:thumb:

Character is something Jap cars dont have lol

What use is loads of room to stack tyres when the thing couldnt tow the skin off a rice pudding?? I dont doubt for a second it is a nice car to drive, however, i would probably fall asleeep, either that or I would pull into a petrol station and one of my ex's would be there (something that always happens when im in an embarassing car) lol

Not worth the risk!!

Dar
11-05-07, 10:18 AM
lol who said they are nice to drive?
If not tyres, think of the size of the speakers you could fit in there! Add some neons and banging tunes and your off!

craig green
11-05-07, 10:21 AM
Atleast if one of your ex's see's you, they'll probably think you have made something of yourself driving a nearly new Vauxhall.

Moved on from Novas! LOL

'its not mine baby!'

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w143/jenna_paige/austinpowers.jpg

Lee
11-05-07, 10:24 AM
Atleast if one of your ex's see's you, they'll probably think you have made something of yourself driving a nearly new Vauxhall.

Moved on from Novas! LOL

'its not mine baby!'

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w143/jenna_paige/austinpowers.jpg

Funny you should say that, i actually feel less embarrassed in the transit than i do in the SR. If there was a valver under the bonnet, it would be different, as it makes you feel your driving something understated lol

craig green
11-05-07, 10:35 AM
I was having this discussion last night about so-called 'chav' cars being embarassing.

My mate was into R5 turbo's & now has a Clio 172, he was saying that he's not that happy at being seen in the 172 or the 5 due to the size & his age etc, but I said that I've always been proud to have a Nova & more so that I'm bucking the trend of loud raspy exhausts, banging tunes & a general delinquent attitude to modding the car & driving.

I'm proud to have a tidy Nova & not seek the attention that the Saxo 'posse' do.
Shame we cant say the same for an Agila.

Stuart
11-05-07, 10:37 AM
cars are designed, made and sold for a purpose... just because its not the fastest car in the world, nor the sexiest, dosent mean its not good at something...

I rencetly had a new panda as a curtosey car. It was pish poor and nasty inside. but had the comedy roulette wheel steering if you pressed the city button, it would do 40mpg @ 90mph, it squealed like a pig on roundabouts. so all in i enjoyed driving it as it was sooooo bad you had to find something fun about it.

ill side with the hobo dar.

Lee as for "my other car isnt homosexual".... yours would be "my other car isnt AS homosexual, but its damn close" lol

draper
11-05-07, 10:38 AM
rage 4" jap style back box with removable race 'muffler' ???

your mum will thank you, trust me ;)

Lee
11-05-07, 10:41 AM

Lee as for "my other car isnt homosexual".... yours would be "my other car isnt AS homosexual, but its damn close" lol

'My other car isnt homosexual, its just a little bit poofy' lol

Stuart
11-05-07, 10:43 AM
"the only gay in the garage"

Jack
11-05-07, 11:23 AM
Character is something Jap cars dont have lol
If by character you mean lack of reliability then yes, I'm happy my car has no character lol

Dar
11-05-07, 11:45 AM
RJ I believe that your car lacks character but has SOUL. Whereas Lee's car has lots of character and a HOLE.

Lee
11-05-07, 11:46 AM
AFPMSL lol

Matt2107
11-05-07, 12:10 PM
'My other car isnt homosexual, its just a little bit poofy' lol

Don't reckon that'd fit on a plate.... maybe just get some side decals made up.