PDA

View Full Version : front seat swapping

Asa-James
09-05-07, 09:29 PM
looking at swapping my passenger seat and driver seat over (passenger's in better nick) i know i'll have to swap the subframes, just wondering anybody done it before? easy to do?

cheers all

Pillar
09-05-07, 10:41 PM
dont bother

coochiSR
09-05-07, 10:46 PM
Pull for flip foward bit will be in middle of car....... bit pointless IMO

Lee
09-05-07, 10:52 PM
Better off shopping for a replacement IMO, its a bit like putting a scuffed wheel on the other side of the car as thats the side thats parked against a wall every night lol

Pillar
10-05-07, 03:19 PM
ive got an mint blue/grey SR interior ?20 its yours!

Matt2107
10-05-07, 03:24 PM
Grrrrrrr I paid ?40 for a not so mint dirty as **** blue grey SRI interior. lol

L14MNP
10-05-07, 04:17 PM
Be different I say, what about a nice wicker chair?

dannyb
10-05-07, 05:39 PM
I ruined the back of my drivers SR seat due to loading sharp stuff in the backand had a spare passengers one that was mint kicking about. I put the passenger back on the drivers base (cushion and subframe) and it is all nice and bolster wear free, but as said before the recliners on the wrong side and the winder to fold the chair forwards or back is difficult to get to. Lucky its a 5 door!

Asa-James
10-05-07, 05:53 PM
mines a four door, so the recliner bit wouldnt bother me. also, a whole interior wouldnt be any use to me, its only the seats i could use

Jack
10-05-07, 06:04 PM
Sell on the rest of the interior then to make some money back?

L14MNP
10-05-07, 06:14 PM
My mates Puma'd MK5 Fiesta's original seats were showing some good wear, the springs were pushing against the material on the backrest. Looked like Blockbusters lol

dannyb
10-05-07, 06:19 PM
mines a four door, so the recliner bit wouldnt bother me. also, a whole interior wouldnt be any use to me, its only the seats i could use

As long as you don't mind the wider being down between the two doors, go for it, its nice to have mint bolsters! Have you managed to get the matching back seats to the pattern on the fronts? I had a right mission making a red SR pattern seat cover to go over the OE seat base!lol

Asa-James
10-05-07, 06:46 PM
nah, my interior is dk grey and black originally, with dark blue bits added by me(rear shelf, other furry bits!) so the grey and blue SR seats dont look too far out of place. bloody comfy tho!

oh, and any takers on rear seats and door cards for sale, blue and grey, mint(apparently) and i'll throw in two tired looking front seats for free. ?30 there yours (gotta make a bit of cash!!)

Matt2107
11-05-07, 12:05 PM
If you end up binning the rear seats I'd consider giving you a fiver for the material off them... I've been thinking about retriming a parcel shelf to match the seats ;)