PDA

View Full Version : delocked?

Anonymous
27-01-02, 06:57 PM
if i delock my car boot and doors, how do i get in if my battery dies? also how do you open the boot? i have a cat 1 toad alarm if that makes a difference?

Anonymous
27-01-02, 10:31 PM
If your battery dies then I'd say you were screwed mate.

I have de locked my side doors and I just make sure that I have a spare battery for my key fob to replace the one in the remote. I dont know what you would do if you car battery failed, I think they have backup batteries don't they? The way most people open their boot is to fit a solonid in the boot that links to a switch/handle in the car somewhere. I have a switch and solonid from a Ford XR2 that I have not got around to fitting yet.

There are loads of guides for doing this

Darren

Anonymous
28-01-02, 11:28 AM
av got one thing 2 say. pick a window!!!!!!

lol what u could do is get aspare rubber surround from the srappies and keep that and a bit ov string (4 puttin it on with) and then all u have 2 do is cut the old one off if the battery goes flat

Ballsy

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

[-ballsy.jpg-]

Anonymous
28-01-02, 03:13 PM
the alarm does have a battery backup but it wont power the central locking. you can turn the alarm on/off without the car battery working.

being locked out of the car is just one of those things you do in the name of fashion I guess

Anonymous
28-01-02, 11:28 PM
thanx.. so its off to the scrappers i go for a surround! :D

Anonymous
29-01-02, 01:56 AM
what u do is this

connect to wires to your door solienoid

then take these wires through the floor to 2 screws

if your batt goes dead then u simply get a spare battery and short the screws, which will pop open the door

commen sense

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
29-01-02, 07:29 PM
micky - that is quite clever mate...

personally i ould not have thought of anything that smart... i would just go to scrappy and buy a quarter window for the passenger side and keep it in the car.
THan if the battery does die... smash the window in question and fit the spare.

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
30-01-02, 02:19 PM
nice!! metal screws through the floor!

p.s. i fitted a spare 12v battery that got charged from the car but had a diode on it and a elec key switch in the floor ;-)

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D