PDA

View Full Version : Nova SRi conv to a GSI

novanum1
09-05-07, 02:50 PM
Hello all

Im jut about to convert my J reg nova SRi to a GSI i know iv got the right fuel tank and pump already and most off the loom right the only bit i think is diffrent between the to is the MAS (or airflow sensor) on the airbox has anyone had a problem with this before. Or got any advice or tips.

Thanks all

Tom

bigging it up with novas in the east anglialol

novanum1
09-05-07, 06:53 PM
hope that made sence.

Adam
09-05-07, 06:55 PM
You need a gsi airbox, or gsi K&N to fit to the air flow meter.

You will then have to wire the gsi engine loom into your car loom/

novanum1
09-05-07, 07:13 PM
yer i got the air box and all that. its just wiring the two looms together. becuase the ECU should just swap straight over.

novanum1
09-05-07, 07:15 PM
becuase there both muitli point injection arent they?? so most off it would be the same (hopefuly) :roll:

alan b
10-05-07, 01:32 AM
no lad its not that straight foward u have a e16se, gsis have an engine loom and a carloom, connected by an connecor plug with just a few wires an sri has one big loom and the ecu is inside the car whereas the gsi one is on the bulkhead its tricky enough but not too bad if you keep track of colours!

novanum1
10-05-07, 07:47 AM
what you mean E16SE Sri's have got the C14SE and engine i wanna put in is the C16SE. knowing my luck iv got i wrong somwhere. i know what you mean about the loom tho.

Is there anyone here good with wires lol:)

alan b
10-05-07, 11:41 AM
oh if you have a c16se with a dispak and your sri is dispak then you should be alright loom shud be the same, if your sri is distributer then youll have to run different wires thru into the ecu, and join them before the loom connects to ecu, the plugs are the same!

Adam
10-05-07, 12:55 PM
If it has a air flow meter then it aint a c16se, its a e16.
It wont just plug in, the loom needs connecting(soldering) to the sri loom.