PDA

View Full Version : fuel line Q+A

Mike
09-05-07, 09:30 AM
is the brown or black a return line? (E16SE engine)

and is the wire going to the pump a live or neutral? ive forgot lol

craig green
09-05-07, 10:13 AM
Is what brown or black?

explain.

Jon_nova1
09-05-07, 10:24 AM
the pipes are coloured, one is brown and the other black, although i thought one was green? lol

craig green
09-05-07, 10:32 AM
Well Ive just bare metal painted my fuel lines & I'm positive mine were both silver.

IIRC the one nearest the outside of the car is the feed which should have the filter at the rear & go to the union on the fuel rail without the regulator. The reg is on the return line which runs straight back to the tank.

I've only got to paint my floor pan, then my tank, lines & pump etc will be going on any day soon.

Paul
09-05-07, 01:07 PM
Yeh the one closeest to the drivers door is the feed. it should go on a gte/gsi nova:

12mm ID diameter pipe from back of tank sender unit, to fuel pump, to inline filter, to engine. return just goes from engine straight down middle of car, well near enough, to front middle of the tank.

Paul

Adam
09-05-07, 01:45 PM
And the wire TO the pump is its live supply.

Both my spi pipes are green.

Mike
09-05-07, 02:31 PM
And the wire TO the pump is its live supply.

Both my spi pipes are green.

kewl, where would be a good earth? back into the loom or onto the shell?

I now have my pump and inline filter mounted in the rear cabin, so could potentially earth it in there i suppose :confused:

go to the union on the fuel rail without the regulator. The reg is on the return line which runs straight back to the tank.

excellent, just what i wanted to know :thumb:

Adam
09-05-07, 02:39 PM
Can connect it to any earth, any bolt in the shell etc..

Mike
09-05-07, 02:52 PM
Can connect it to any earth, any bolt in the shell etc..

sweet, will do that when i come to fitting the rest of the lines through the bulkhead then as ive gave up for today hahaha