PDA

View Full Version : cheers Apples

Anonymous
28-01-02, 05:25 PM
yo thanks for the reply, on the drive shafts i've got a whole load of metalworkers and welders on camp so for a small price (dont suppose you know what has to be done (ish))
once ive done the fron engine mount will the eng & gearbox go straight in? (sorry to keep pestering you)
anyway thanks once again (philmatuk@yahoo.com)

Anonymous
28-01-02, 11:00 PM
once youve moved the engine mount you need to cut a recess in the chassis leg to give room for the alternater pulley and belt.its best to try the engine in and get an idea of where it sits/runs.
once you know where it goes you can either dress it with a face of a hammer, not the best way but effective, or since your welding anyway cut the first skin of the leg to give clearance then weld in a box section.
use 2mm plate for this, it gives better strength and you can turn the juice right up to weld it.
apart from that the only other problem is the gear linkage, some people suggest turning the last bung before the box round, but if you look at where the linkage hits the steering rack and starter you should be able to bend and shape it to fit.
hope this is of use and you havent fell asleep reading it all.

Anonymous
29-01-02, 06:03 PM
fall asleep! no way buddy i think i probably need all the hints and tips i can get, bit of a mission this one, i usually tinker with bikes (OWO1 yam FZR750R& a Blade) i had a freind do my last nova (cav 130 lump&box)anyway thanks, i'll probably be askin for more advice when i come across other problems as yer do! cheers philmatuk