PDA

View Full Version : 1.8i 8 valve astra SXI lump & Box transplant

Anonymous
27-01-02, 06:56 PM
i'm stationed out in Germany at the moment and as things go i've got my hands on an abandoned E reg Nova 1.2merit, the engine's shagged, but the bodywork is pretty good (rear arches still intact) as it happens i've also landed a K reg Astra SXI 1.8 8valve but the bodywork is F*****.(both cars are UK spec) i'm quite happy on a straight transplant but are the engine mounts up to it or do i have to get some made up? also can the astra or the nova drive shafts be used or do you have to order a set as i did when i used an old cav 130 lump two years ago. i'll obviously use the disc's and calipers off the astra as well as the seats. would it be better to junk the injection and go for carbs? will it make the wiring easier? any help with any of this would be great

Anonymous
27-01-02, 07:32 PM
the engine mounts will need attention, either buy new ones for the conversion or you can lower the o/s/f one by 40mm.
the driveshafts will need replaced with the special jobbies, welded ones are ok for the 1.8 8v coz its not as torquey as the 2.0 16v, so that helps to keep costs down.
As for the injection/carbs i'd say do whatever you fancy as the loom is all colour coded making it fairly straight forward to do.

Anonymous
27-01-02, 09:33 PM
u want a set of these
http://www.novaload.net/content/upload/16vmounts(ste_sa).jpg

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
29-01-02, 01:57 AM
i thought u lowerd the mount 52mm??

Micky@novaload.net