PDA

View Full Version : C20XE not starting

rs_hole
07-05-07, 06:14 PM
hello everyone,
i have a nova gte with a c20xe engine conversion, basically it doesnt start, the other night it cut out and people around me said there was a bang, who knows lol i didnt hear it, basically ive tested the whole ignition system up too the coil from the plugs and i cant find loss of power anywhere but it still doesnt start, im going abit mad here so any help at all would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance, dave http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Lee
07-05-07, 06:21 PM
Check the cam belt hasnt jumped a few teeth. Worth checking the fuel pump relay as well.

Adam
07-05-07, 06:52 PM
Could be a lot of things.
No spark
No fuel
No ecu power

etc etc

SRI crazy
07-05-07, 07:07 PM
well if you have a spark it sounds like a fueling problem check the realy and the pump, is the car turning over?

Philsutton
07-05-07, 07:08 PM
what about compression

rs_hole
07-05-07, 11:04 PM
there is no spark, would anyone know where to get a coil relay from?
also how would i check the cambelt hasnt skipped a few teeth is there an easy way to this, sounds abit scary lol!
it is definatley fuelling, when i was testing the spark plugs were firing there was petrol coming out the plug holes.
how would i know if the ecu is working properly, its got a digidash so no ecu light typical ha ha. thanks for the help btw

ReeceH
08-05-07, 12:01 AM
have you tried turning the key?

rs_hole
08-05-07, 08:48 AM
have you tried turning the key?

bollocks i knew i forgot something :roll: