PDA

View Full Version : advice on exhausts

FB_evolutions
07-05-07, 03:44 PM
okay my mid section has gone and time to have a new manifold and system

its for a GTE - already got a induction & kent cam

whats the best for performance and sound - i wud like lots poppin, rumbling and if possible chucking a nice lil flame out now and again - i would love a rally sound to match the car, i have looked into Ashley and the ones on Euro Rally

is there any other good exhaust systems that you know of

thanks

ANDYRACER
07-05-07, 04:06 PM
Ashley gets my vote everytime :thumb:

Adam
07-05-07, 04:19 PM
Ashley are good, and cheap.
And certainly not quiet.

FB_evolutions
07-05-07, 08:13 PM
ashley sounds good then - any got any sound clips of thm - i hate be a pain in the ****

thanks

Mike
07-05-07, 09:32 PM
Ashley gets my vote everytime :thumb:

Agreed! Ive had Magnex, Sportex, Mongoose etc etc, but IMHO Ashley is ? per bhp and ? per ? so much better then any other on the market

and the noise is just ace

You want flames and popping? My old 1.4SR with Ashley exhaust:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/mikenova/jagflame_2-1.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/mikenova/jagflame.jpg

Driver
07-05-07, 09:37 PM
^^^^^ that standard or flamer kit ???

Mike
07-05-07, 09:41 PM
^^^^^ that standard or flamer kit ???

285 cam, twin weber 40's, SRi head that was gas flowed, Ashley Manifold & Exhaust system

no flamer kit, just 5000rpm for about 2 seconds and "pow"

Jim Mcrae
08-05-07, 12:50 AM
My cheery bomb pops on idle, and is the closest thing you can get to a rally exhaust. But to be fair i wanted an ashley but the cherry bomb was more afordable at the time

cov_street_racer
08-05-07, 01:35 AM
would this sound good on a 1.2????

Jack
08-05-07, 01:38 AM
Just enrich the fueling and it'll pop. My blitz exhaust pops on down throttle, but thats not a good thing as it means unburnt fuel is coming out my engine so something isn't right, probably another funked spark plug again. Oh and its probably shagging my catalytic converter nicely.

Stuart
08-05-07, 08:22 AM
a gte "shouldnt" flame.... overrun fuel cut and all that. you might get a few mild pops but thats it really.

Mike
08-05-07, 04:22 PM
My cheery bomb pops on idle, and is the closest thing you can get to a rally exhaust. But to be fair i wanted an ashley but the cherry bomb was more afordable at the time

OMP make Group N and Group A spec exhaust systems, and tbh they are incredibly loud! BUT these are for use on proper hard tuned engines, not standard ones, as they'll make it run **** due to having virtually no back pressure in the system or something like that :confused:

bigbened
08-05-07, 05:59 PM
cherry bomb are definatley the loudest and best for flames but they look gash IMO

Adam
08-05-07, 06:10 PM
a gte "shouldnt" flame.... overrun fuel cut and all that. you might get a few mild pops but thats it really.
You usually find they get a few pops when you come back on the throttle, after overrun.

My old spi used to pop/flame all the time on overun,Lol, i guess its down to it not having std cam etc.

My t40'd engine doesn't pop/bang in the slightly, which is suprising seeing as it has no fuel overrun cut off.

FB_evolutions
08-05-07, 07:06 PM
yh one of my mates had a gte engine in a gsi - it was gasflowed, manifold, k&N and that hucked nice flames with a mongoose exhaust on

raymond
08-05-07, 07:14 PM
ashely exhaust on mine mate sounds great and had a good increase in power click the link and check blue nova that is the sound of one as asked in the previous page

mine is only a 1400 and pretty much standard:thumb:

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad/rr.migweb_21.04.07.html

FB_evolutions
08-05-07, 07:20 PM
yeh awsome GTI one of my mates relatives runs the place - great lads down there - cheers mate for the video

sounds mint