PDA

View Full Version : Mint Red GSI on ebay

krobinson
07-05-07, 10:04 AM
Remember the red GSI that vaughan posted up? Well it turns out it isnt so mint. A guy on a local forum traveled to buy it and....

My friend noticed this Vauxhall nova on eBay last week. He works in the car body repair trade and is a real Vauxhall nova enthusiast . My friend called Colin C rang the seller during the week and asked him a number of detailed questions about the car. For example is there any rust? To which he replied NO and as the advertisement on eBay stated ?Car is in immaculate condition with no rot and also stated in original standard pristine condition? THIS IS NOT THE CASE. Read on.

They came to an agreement over the phone of ?2500. One of the terms of the agreement was that Colin C had to transfer ?200 to the sellers account. Colin C had the money into the sellers personnel account within the hour on Thursday 3rd May 2007. As Colin?s friend he asked me to organise the flights over to Glasgow on Sunday morning(06/05/2007). I arranged the Easyjet flights No.463; departing Sunday 06 May at 9:10am and arriving at Glasgow Airport at 09:55am. The flights cost a grand total of ?79.98 for the two of us. These fights were for a single journey as I was to arrange the boat journey home for the Vauxhall nova (K143 RCS) and two adults. I proceeded to arrange and book the Cairnryan to Larne P&O ferry home at a further cost of ?99. The departure time was at 15:00pm this was to give us plenty of time for the 80.93 miles journey to the boat. Info courtesy of AA Route Planner.

Everything went to plan until approximately 11:15am when Colin, the seller arrived at the multi storey car park at Glasgow Airport. Although from the new advertisement on eBay he states that we didn?t show, yet another lie!!!!!! (Please refer to attached photos I took of the car. You can also see Colin C in the corner of one of these photos.)

On inspection of the so called original standard pristine condition Vauxhall nova we found the following faults;
On the drivers side rear quarter panel a repair section has been welded over the top of the original quarter panel (We didn?t check the passenger side rear quarter panel as this put Colin C of immediately)
A new front panel has been fitted
The front inner guards are rotten and missing
Boot floor has been heavily patched
The driver and passenger seats have been switched around for some reason i.e. the lift levers are now positioned on the inner sides of the seats above the handbrake
To top it all of the head gasket is going as the white creamy substance is gathering under the oil cap.
There is over 85,000 miles on the clock

When we pointed all these issues out to the seller his response was I wasn?t aware of all of this I sell wallpaper for a living. He claims to have owned this car for 14 years but yet he wasn?t aware of these repairs!! I have a question for you. ASK YOURSELF!!!!!

For all the above reasons Colin C decided that he didn?t want to purchase this car. He asked the seller if he could have his deposit back as the nova was not as what was described on eBay. The seller said that he was within his rights to keep the deposit. Colin C even asked him for ?100 instead of the original ?200 deposit. Neither the seller and his girlfriend had any form of money or cards with them to reimburse Colin C. Coincidence or what!!!!!!!

Due to rail works ongoing in the area we were unable to get the train to Cairnryan. I asked a taxi driver how much it would cost for him to drive us to the docks at Cairnryan., he replied ?148. We ended up getting the 14:20pm Easyjet flight back to Belfast at a further cost of ?139.98 for the two of us. We arrived home eventually although Colin C is approximately ?600 out of pocket because of this.
I just wanted everyone to be aware of this car as the seller said there was a number of people phoning from north and south of Ireland.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-VAUXHALL-NOVA-GSI-RED-K-REG-low-miles_W0QQitemZ290113419084QQihZ019QQcategoryZ9858 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-VAUXHALL-NOVA-GSI-RED-K-REG-low-miles_W0QQitemZ290113419084QQihZ019QQcategoryZ9858 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

RELISTED DUE TO AN OUT OF E-BAY OFFER THAT TURNED OUT TO BE A NO-SHOW
(Another lie, I have video and photographic evidence to prove this)

CAR WILL RUN FOR FULL DURATION OF AUCTION TO AVOID FURTHER TIME-WASTERS.
(The only timewaster was the seller called Colin)

HI WELCOME TO MY AUCTION.
I AM SELLING MY RED NOVA GSI
(My red Gsi Nova!!!!!!! Which he has owned for 14 years and doesn?t know anything about the repairs)

I PURCHASED THIS CAR FROM NEARLY NEW ORIGINALLY FOR MY GIRLFRIEND AT THE TIME. WHO WAS THE DAUGHTER OF THE LOCAL VAUXHALL GARAGE.
(I wonder why she dumped him!!!!)

THE CAR COMES WITH EVERY MOT AND A FULL VAUXHALL SERVICE HISTORY.
ITS MOT'D FOR 1 YEAR AND HAS 6 MONTHS TAX.
(Didn?t get to look that far)

THE CAR ITS SELF IS IN IMMACULATE CONDITION WITH NO ROT, DENTS OR SCRATCHES.
(Lies, lies, lies. I admit there are no dents. That?s cause they are all covered up.)

TO MY KNOWLEDGE ITS THE BEST EXAMPLE I HAVE SEEN ON THE ROAD FOR YEARS.
(To his knowledge!!!! Keep selling the wallpaper mate cause you don?t have a clue about cars.)

ITS STILL IN STANDARD CONTITION WITH NO MODIFICATIONS.
THE WHEELS ARE ALL TRUE AND IN LOVLEY CONDITION
EVERYTHING WORKS AS IT SHOULD AND THE INTERIOR/SEATS ARE ALL FIRM AND RIP/BOLSTER DAMAGE FREE.
(See above list, can?t be bothered typing the huge list out again of this pristine car)

I HAVE BOTH THE ORIGINAL KEYS AS WELL THE V5 AND HANDBOOKS.
I STRONGLY RECOMMEND VIEWING THE CAR BEFORE PURCHASE, AS YOU CAN ONLY DESCRIBE SO MUCH ON EBAY.
(Yeah I recommend you view this car before you hand over any money whatsoever, not worth the money he is looking. In fact I strongly recommend you don?t bother wasting you time looking at the car)

THE PICTURES SHOW JUST HOW GOOD THE CAR IS FOR A 15 YEAR OLD CAR.
PLEASE NO BOY RACERS OR TEST PILOTS, YOU MAY NOT TEST DRIVE THE CAR UNLESS INSURED.
(My pictures clearly show we were there yet you say we didn?t appear)

REMEMBER YOU ARE BIDDING TO BUY NOT TO WASTE MY TIME
(Remember us, you wasted our time)

NON PAYERS WILL BE REPORTED TO EBAY AND BANNED FROM BIDDING ON ANY OF MY ITEMS.
(You have been reported to eBay and also to various number of car forums)

THIS IS MY NEW EBAY ID, CHECK MOTOIT FOR 100% POSITIVE SELLING FEEDBACK. (EX-GIRLFIREND ISSUES)
(No comment)
IF YOU WOULD LIKE ANY FURTHER INFORMTION PLEASE CALL ME, COLIN ON
(Be my guest)

JSeymour
07-05-07, 10:20 AM
what an absolute ball ache that sounds. i would have demanded my deposit back though. what he done was totaly out of line and hes made ?200 out of it! thats not right.

its a shame theres some real sneaky people out there ready to just take your money.

kevster
07-05-07, 10:26 AM
asshole !!!!!!!!

peester
07-05-07, 10:31 AM
Indeed. Some crazy mucker that one. Shame. Well informative tho keith, nice one.

vaughanmc
07-05-07, 10:35 AM
that one looked mint as well...

no 'mint' nova is safe now...

KPautomotive
07-05-07, 11:00 AM
message sent to the ebayer

Hi

Can you tell me if on the drivers side rear quarter panel a repair section has been welded over the top of the original quarter panel?

Also has the car had a new front panel

If the front inner arch guards are rotten and missing?

If the boot floor has been heavily patched

If the driver and passenger seats have been switched around for some reason?

And if the head gasket is going i.e is there white creamy substance is gathering under the oil cap.

Thanks

Rob

lol lol

We should all send him the same question!

Ian
07-05-07, 11:26 AM
i'd have thought you would have learned after the white one not to trust ebay for cars, and at least used paypal for the deposit, so have some chance of getting it back.

put this link in sellers ebay feedback.

womble sri
07-05-07, 11:35 AM
you do get em! bet your mate is gutted now his out of pocket. i have travelled many miles to look at novas deemed as mint and end up turning away at first glimpse! shame you cant put a link to this thread at the bottom of the advert

L14MNP
07-05-07, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hear that bud! There are some very unscrupulous people around! Especially it seems, selling cars on eBay!

Absoloute dick :mad:

Maybe the next people he fcuks over won't be as good natured as you and your mate!

They deserve a good kicking and no mistake!

SRimon
07-05-07, 01:02 PM
message sent to the ebayer

lol lol

We should all send him the same question!

Done ;)

SRimon
07-05-07, 01:03 PM
'Mint' novas are few and far between, I was done by the same sort of thing a few months ago, lost a whole day and ?40 in fuel

ANDYRACER
07-05-07, 01:19 PM
Message sent :thumb:

Has anyone sent the useless tosser a link to this thread?

krobinson
07-05-07, 01:22 PM
lol, can everyone please annoy the hell out of Steve, the seller of the white SR too.

SRimon
07-05-07, 01:23 PM
Keith, you said in the post you took pics? Are they showable?

krobinson
07-05-07, 01:24 PM
I also said in the post that it was someone on a local forum that went to see the car, not me! lol

Waiting for him to post the pics up!

Keith

lee coley
07-05-07, 01:26 PM
i said it looked crap on different thread!

http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79770

vaughanmc
07-05-07, 01:43 PM
what forum is it keith??

Mike.
07-05-07, 01:54 PM
well that sounded like one hell of a ****e day, the bloke selling the car is a complete tool by the sounds of it

Eastham
07-05-07, 06:20 PM
Sent msg to seller.
lol

goldengraham
07-05-07, 06:37 PM
i just copied and pasted the message, so message has been sent lmao,

anyone got a reply from him yet?? lol

vaughanmc
07-05-07, 08:03 PM
i've not got a reply as of yet...

NickWalliams
07-05-07, 10:15 PM
cant believe this has happened again, these dodgy people with their 'mint' novas need sorting out.

big gra
07-05-07, 10:25 PM
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE BEEN ILLEGALLY CONTACTED BY ANY OTHER EBAY MEMBER, OTHER THAN MYSELF PLEASE CALL ME AS I AM CURRENTLY COLLATING EVIDENCE FOR EBAY AGAINST RULE BREAKING

haha someone has obviosly been letting people know its a rust bucket! good on em!

Jack
07-05-07, 10:26 PM
Rule breaking such as misrepresenting a shed as "mint"? lol

big gra
07-05-07, 10:29 PM
how come the seats have been turned around mate? are the rear arches solid (not been plated?)
cheers buddy

just sent that message to him!

goldengraham
07-05-07, 11:02 PM
lol he is gonne think WTF all these clever questions lol

Nova Full
08-05-07, 09:31 AM
Just sent

Hi mate

has the car ever been resprayed / painted in the past or had new pannels? is there any corrosion near any of the suspension mountings or battery tray? have you switched the drivers and passengers seat around or have you swapped the drivers seat for another passenger seat?

Cheers Mate

Gaz

Stuart
08-05-07, 09:51 AM
this is when "shill" bidding rocks lol....if loads of people place rather high bids in then he will have a mare doing the 2nd chance thing...

SRimon
08-05-07, 10:03 AM
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE BEEN ILLEGALLY CONTACTED BY ANY OTHER EBAY MEMBER, OTHER THAN MYSELF PLEASE CALL ME AS I AM CURRENTLY COLLATING EVIDENCE FOR EBAY AGAINST RULE BREAKING

haha someone has obviosly been letting people know its a rust bucket! good on em!

LMAO

how is it rule breaking? I sent a question asking about the car, whats to say I don't want to buy it?lol

big gra
08-05-07, 01:17 PM
how come the seats have been turned around mate? are the rear arches solid (not been plated?)
cheers buddy

just sent that message to him!

got a reply,,,,

I ALTERNATE THE SEATS TO REDUCE ANY BOLSTER WEAR, CALL ME TOMORROW IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS
CHEERS COLIN

Nova Full
08-05-07, 04:08 PM
My Question

"Hi mate

has the car ever been resprayed / painted in the past or had new pannels? is there any corrosion near any of the suspension mountings or battery tray? have you switched the drivers and passengers seat around or have you swapped the drivers seat for another passenger seat?

Cheers Mate

Gaz"

The response I got was

"Hi. The seat can be switched back round it was done to alternate the ware. Strut tops all good and so is the battery area. As for paint im no expert but if so it would have been done at the main dealer that my ex's father owned. Someone is trying to bad mouth my car on ebay as they didnt get it. If you want an update call me. thanks. Colin"

Wouldn't you know if your car had been in for a respray, I know i certainly would!!!!!!!!!

vaughanmc
08-05-07, 07:58 PM
I got told to call him -- What a boring c*nt lol