PDA

View Full Version : GSi brakes

Anonymous
22-01-02, 02:01 PM
I read that the front brake caliper design changed on the Nova GSi around '91 or '92, is
this true? If so, which are best, old or new?

Has anyone got a Blydenstein B+ head fitted? What type of power gains do you get?

What type of power output can you get from the 1.6 8v running standard injection, i've read quotes of 150+bhp! What do you have to do to get that type of power?

Cheers,
Micko.

Anonymous
22-01-02, 04:17 PM
when they changed to ate style clip instead of pin

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
22-01-02, 10:16 PM
Blydenstein heads? there are several fitted to cars on here ranging ( I think) from a 1.3 thru to 1.6 (all 8v conversions as far as I know)

I'm a fan and got to know him. He does a good job - not cheap but you get what you pay 4.

150hp (flywheel) is poss. from the 1.6 8v with Blydenstein head. We used twin 40's and a better cam plus a decent zorst.
Std 1.6 injections shud be 'bout 100hp at the flywheel. Theres a comp. 1 at Novatech using an Enem comp. cam, flowed head and std induction manifold with a ( I think) a Vectra throttle body that pushes out big hp.
Thats got a diff. engine management system on - not sure which one tho :)

Anonymous
23-01-02, 12:14 AM
the newer style brakes are much better, my m8 has a set for sale with new pads but probly needsa new set of discs (?12 from car shop)
let us know if ya interested m8

Anonymous
23-01-02, 08:11 AM
I already have a set of calipers and discs, I just wanted to know if they where better than the ones I have on the car now.

What makes them better?

Thanks for all the help lads

Cheers,
Micko

Anonymous
23-01-02, 09:48 AM
the brakes slide better and does seize up

Anonymous
27-01-02, 10:09 AM
doesn't seize up