PDA

View Full Version : Braking Problem

Clarky_man
06-05-07, 03:33 PM
Ive Got A Braking Problem Ive Got A Firm Brake Pedal But Feels Like Theres No Braking Pressure When I Brake Ive Got To Push Down Really Hard To Get Them To Bite Somebody Help I Got 2 Ltr Set Up As Well Good Pads An Discs

Asa-James
06-05-07, 03:34 PM
possible no servo assistance? check all your vac pipes for kinks/leakages

edit: with the engine off, pump the brake pedal 20 times. with your foot on the pedal, start the engine, if the pedal sinks, the servo's working. if it stays, it isnt

staggy_gsi
06-05-07, 04:47 PM
beat me to it lol.....

Dan 130
06-05-07, 05:00 PM
if thats alright give the brakes a bleed

mowgli
06-05-07, 09:34 PM
give the rear drums a good clean out & lubricate the moving bits with copper slip. that always seems to help on a vauxhall. or the front calipers could be shot, or there is a bulge in a brake pipe, or the pads have been cooked, or the discs are too thin, or the servo is tatered, or there is a fault with the linkage from the pedal.
Sorry, I used to work in the vehicle braking industry.

FB_evolutions
06-05-07, 09:38 PM
i got the same sorta problam - mine were okay i thort they could do with a bleeding then i was coming home and my breaks went like wooooowwww WTF and then they they can back on then off then back on - could that be the same problam

bump
07-05-07, 12:31 AM
Scarily I had the same problem on the A30 about 2 years ago, when I went to pull in at the next services to check it, low and behold back to usual. Hasn't happened since.

Driver
07-05-07, 10:09 AM
just sounds like they need a bleed to me

Clarky_man
07-05-07, 12:19 PM
Dont Think They Need Bleeding Theres No Spongyness The Pedal Feels Firm Throughout Just Have To Really Stamp Down Hard To Get Any Kind Of Bite I Thought It Might Be The Weight Cos Its Runnin A V6 But Im Not So Sure

mikey14sr
07-05-07, 05:37 PM
Do the checks described above by sr-ish, it definately sounds like a servo related problem to me. My brake pedal used to go rock hard now and again, a bit of sealant where the vacumn hose enters the servo, along with giving the servo a heavy coat of paint (it was a bit rusty, probably a few pinholes in it) has cured it so far for me.