PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Turbo Diesel?

Anonymous
22-01-02, 06:25 PM
If you run a 1.5TD please let us know. I have some questions that i'd like to ask.

Anonymous
23-01-02, 02:28 AM
I do wot r u lookin 2 kno???

Anonymous
23-01-02, 09:45 AM
what do u want to know.. i have access to and experence of working on a td

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
23-01-02, 08:27 PM
ive noticed that the handling can be very harey at times at high speeds. Usually at 80+mph. I got the car standard and it felt very unbalanced. I put on 15" rims with 45/195 Yokohamas(rear) / Goodyear F1's (front), and the cornering was vastly improved. I then fitted -40 Spax TD springs which make the car rock solid round corners but im still getting this floating feeling in the steering. It is incredible sensitive and hard to keep straight, even on smoother motorways. What I was wondering was whether this is common with heavier engined Novas as I have had a 1.2 petrol Nova and Corsa before hand and ive never felt this before. The car has been recently serviced and the wheel bearings are fine. Ive never had it flat out, the most ive had out of it is 110mph and ive always chickened then. One thing ive noticed is it doesn't have an anti-roll bar and I think it is supposed to.

Any ideas :-/

Anonymous
23-01-02, 09:12 PM
My td didnt have an anti-roll bar on. id recomend putting one on though, i did and it made the car feel a lot more solid! ;)

Anonymous
23-01-02, 09:44 PM
is there a specific position where to attach them, so they are pressurized or will they only go on in one position

Anonymous
23-01-02, 09:50 PM
look in the haynes manual about the measurement to get the location right, but you can more or less run an ARB anywhere as long as the two sides of the car are connected

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
24-01-02, 09:10 AM
have the tracking checked and have 4 wheel alignment done

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
24-01-02, 06:21 PM
I have had it checked by Carscan and they said it was slightly out. They aligned it, but it made minimum difference. That was before the suspension was fitted. Is it worth getting done again?

Anonymous
25-01-02, 05:45 PM
u may have a worn out steering rack

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
25-01-02, 06:12 PM
It has only done 73K, and its a (K) '92, is this not only found on high mileage motors