PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 Cv Joints??

Anonymous
22-01-02, 08:03 AM
Does anybody know what needs modified to fit outter 2.0 CV joints??? Do you modify astra hubs to fit nova bearings? OR do you modify nova hubs for 2.0 CV joint??

Cheers

Anonymous
22-01-02, 11:45 AM
astra flanges modded to nova size
and cvs cut down so they fit

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
22-01-02, 01:05 PM
I thought you could press out the Nova bearings and press in the larger Astra bearings (or complete hub), then complete with the shorter driveshaft, it'll all fit.

Anonymous
22-01-02, 04:09 PM
"press in the larger astra bearing" nope cause it's larger

Anonymous
23-01-02, 04:34 PM
I have a pair of astra shafts, have got a mate who will cut the ends off and re-spline them?? Does anybody know what length the shafts should be???

cheers

Anonymous
23-01-02, 06:43 PM
nope i ain't measured mine and it's too wet to go out side and have a look, is your mate going to harden the ends aswell?

Anonymous
24-01-02, 07:47 PM
Good point about "harden the ends", didn`t even cross me mind.. Bugger, looks like i am buying a set.. Any suggestions on where to get them for?? The Cheaper the better, i know Novatech do them for ?240, any more??

Also do the astra hubs ever fail, due to how much has been machined off?? They where made that size for a reason!!Hmm!!

What do you mean"cvs cut down so they fit"???, Explain please Ste..

Anonymous
25-01-02, 05:47 PM
u can buy inner cv joints to fit the larger gear boxes which will fit onto nova shafts

this might be the budget option your looking for

i belive mr storey has used them b4

Micky@novaload.net