PDA

View Full Version : What gain would i get

Anonymous
22-01-02, 10:59 AM
i have got a 1.4sr whihc has got a standard engine what power gain do you reckon i would get off puttin a piper cam kit, piper exhaust and air filter on. Also does anyone know what is up with my heaters. They blow warm air out and as soon as the engine get up to its normal temp they start to blow out cold air.

Anonymous
22-01-02, 01:30 PM
Sounds like when your thermostat opens it stops flowing water through your heater matrix. Shite water pump?
Try feeling the hose's that go through your bulkhead to your heater, cheak if they stay warm when the thermostate opens.

Anonymous
22-01-02, 02:01 PM
I have felt the pipes they all stay warm. so do you reckon that it's my water pump

Anonymous
22-01-02, 02:17 PM
If the pipes to the heater matrix are warm it isn't the water pump, hot water is flowing though it if both pipes are warm. Try following the heater cables to where they go into the airbox thingy (on the left side of the dash centre on a Mk1 dash, just above the shelf) If they become unclipped they won't fully open the flap inside for the warm air. My old sr had this, you could reach round and move it by hand but the heat controls didn't move it.

Anonymous
22-01-02, 04:22 PM
sounds like cables come off or heater matrix is part blocked

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
24-01-02, 09:37 AM
id say 10 - 15 bhp, 80 - 85 in total; skim, port and polish the head while your at it.