PDA

View Full Version : hideing the wireing loom (no dash )

dan23
04-05-07, 10:54 PM
does anyone have any tips on hideing the loom thats found behind the dash ?

i was thinking cut it an thread it through the holes in the bulkhead (the ones for the vents ) what size heat shrink should be used when re joining ?

loggyboy
05-05-07, 12:29 AM
I did this, and fed it down the back of the bulk head. It was a major pain in the ****.
The normal wires were no major problem, i just crimped them, but there are lots of identical colours so its a good eye that can tell the difference in cable thicknesses.
The real pain is the large gauge supply cable that reqires a heft connecting block.
Also byt feeding it thru there it makes it very tight so you have to protect the entry and exits of bulkhead with decent grommits.

dan23
05-05-07, 01:47 PM
cheers loggy do you have any pics of yours done ?

loggyboy
05-05-07, 08:42 PM
Dont think so, il have a check, but the cars long since died.

dan23
07-05-07, 10:57 PM
i ve just been looking at the loom it looks too short to be fed through the holes for vents so the wires will need lentghingbut it will be seen at the passenger side were it comes out the vent hole(the drivers side will be covered by my mini dash)
how can i do it so it cant be seen ? i know a few people have done it on here so some one must know ?

pul16v
08-05-07, 09:19 AM
try not running it through the large grommit in the bulk head get rid of that and plate over the hole then run it under the bulk head and take it though near the batery which will be under you mini dash

loggyboy
09-05-07, 12:30 AM
best i could find:
http://www.loggyboy.com/images/nilly/Phase1/NoDash.jpg

dan23
09-05-07, 10:14 PM
i was going to hide it complety by cutting the loom extending the wires
an threading it through the right hand vent hole until it came out the passenger vent hole then rejoin it as it comes out the hole ,but leave a bit of slack so it could be pushed inside the bulkhead panel
also cut some holes in the panel for the clock wires etc to poke through

has any one done anything simailar ?