PDA

View Full Version : HELP Please

FB_evolutions
04-05-07, 07:29 AM
all the nova stuff is new to me so i need a little help

i have had a set of Cav Slabs (cav GSI 2000) alloys there 205,55,15, do i need change the tyres or do anything for make these wheels fit ???

i have had a Kent Ultimate Cam - Do i Need Change the Pully? as a lad i know shed it run off his??

best thing clean K&N's Out i was thinking blasting them with a presured air gun then using that K&N cleaner - is there anything better?

i have seen few engine bays where people have skimped down and hid a few things - whats the best way to do this?

Removing MK1 GTE Clocks? how

What Exhaust do you recomend - full systems inc Manifold??? i been told ashley, mongoose, the one of Euro Rally

do they do a rollcage for the sun roof version

how easy is it fit a mk2 dash in a mk1 gte

thanks for your time

Marsi
04-05-07, 08:02 AM
the mk2 dash should fit a mk1, afaik they are same sized.
possible, you have to make some light removings on the korners or something
like this. but in general it schould fit

Stuart
04-05-07, 08:42 AM
get the spec/ part number of the kent cam...

Welsh Dan
04-05-07, 09:12 AM
To remove the GTE clocks, take the cowling off the steering column (a few screws and some enthusiastic persuasion), then stick a flat bladed screwdriver under the clocks and lift them gently. With more enthusiastic persuasion unplug everything from them and get them past the steering wheel.

Yes you can get rollcages for sunroof cars.

big gra
04-05-07, 09:26 AM
cav slabsrunning 205 55 15 tyres will scrub if you lower it, stick to 195 45 15.

clean k&n in a bucket of soapy water, then blast with air gun!

as to the engine bay you can mount screen washer bottle, coil and expansion tank behind the bulkhead, in the passenget footwell!

FB_evolutions
04-05-07, 06:52 PM
o **** on the alloy front lol -

o and the cam number is

KC AST 1
its also got F6 and 11 on it

FB_evolutions
04-05-07, 06:52 PM
cheers for all the advice chaps

Stuart
05-05-07, 07:57 AM
wont need a pulley for that. its one of their most mild cams going... far from ultimate.

Ash C
05-05-07, 09:58 AM
just buy a normal rollcage and if you can weld just chop 40mm off all the points and weld some mounting plates back on. That clears it for the sun roof.