PDA

View Full Version : wiring up rev counters

Anonymous
20-01-02, 09:18 PM
on the back of the old style sr/gte clocks it has a spade connector for the rev counter and oil presssure sensor - right ?? so on the new style one ie black and white faces i tried to wire up a rev counter to my turbo but could not find any spade connectors on the back of the clocks. how do i wire it up then if it has no spades on the back and what colour is the wire for it. thats if the wire is there at all cause the car was origonally a 1.0ltr

cheers

rodgerq

Anonymous
20-01-02, 09:31 PM
i think the really late ones have two extra pins in the main connecter, like Astras do. So you may need the bigger connector to transplant to your loom. The rev counter goes straight to the negative side of the coil.
But since the half white ones look poo anyway, just flog 'em and get the slightly older yet easier to wire ones.

:>

Anonymous
20-01-02, 10:30 PM
err the half white ones look mint when u add the volt and oil gauges

Anonymous
20-01-02, 10:31 PM
its taxing compared to a turbo conversion tho

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

Anonymous
20-01-02, 10:36 PM
lol

Anonymous
20-01-02, 11:18 PM
ok cheers. i will check the connector 2morro and let you all know for sure what the difference is. Anyone know the colour of the wire that should be there for the rev counter Also i have been wondering about the speedo. is it my imagination or does it read faster than actuall speed ?? - i thought this may be down to the f20 box having something different inside it

cheers

rodgerq