PDA

View Full Version : colour coding bumpers and skirts

big gra
01-05-07, 07:40 PM
right, the car is going for spraying in 2 weeks, red again, i am going to fit a mk2 front end but not sure weather to...

leave bumpers and skirts black,,,

have the bumpers done red and skirts black,,,

or have them all done red!??

whats everyones thoughts?

big gra
01-05-07, 07:41 PM
im not with it today, second time i posted this in the wrong place, should be in styling section!!

JSeymour
01-05-07, 07:43 PM
keep the original bumpers(smoothed as in plastic primed gte bumpers) red or a darker grey/black. def keep the sideskirts dark coloured though.

big gra
02-05-07, 02:58 PM
think while the cars away i will sand and spray the bumpers and skirts black or grey?

nova_ellen
02-05-07, 03:19 PM
grey bumpers and skirts

Jack
02-05-07, 03:25 PM
Keep skirts the same colour as the bumpers, looks daft if they're grey and the bumpers are painted.

As for colour, I'd say do them all black. Works well with red.

Ash
02-05-07, 03:28 PM
As for colour, I'd say do them all black. Works well with red.

:thumb:

Iain
02-05-07, 04:24 PM
looks daft if they're grey and the bumpers are painted.

I thought top spec Novas had colour coded bumpers and plastic grey skirts from the factory.

big gra
02-05-07, 04:31 PM
I thought top spec Novas had colour coded bumpers and plastic grey skirts from the factory.

i thought that too but i like black bumpers and the skirts should match!

craig green
02-05-07, 05:03 PM

Indeed that is the case. GTE's have the bottome edge of the bumpers in grey which matches the skirts. GSi's are just ghey.

Jack
02-05-07, 05:45 PM
Yes they do. And it looks daft lol

SUP4NOV4
02-05-07, 06:14 PM
Come on coulor coded sideskirts look fcuking Sh*t they look cheap grey skirts and coulor coded bumpers or grey bumpers look very tidy.
Coulor coded bumpers look like you have just taken the car to a body shop and thought ah what else can i paint while im here the mirrors,handels,sideskirts! it looks to much grey breaks it up

Ash
02-05-07, 08:18 PM
actually there used to be a alfa blue GTE round my way with the skirts and bumper lips sprayed silver, sounds odd - looked sh!t hot.