PDA

View Full Version : removin back seats etc....

Anonymous
16-01-02, 05:49 PM
ive got a sri, and its fairly nippy anyway, but would it b worht takin out the back seats adn fittin roll cage 2 save weight?? does it make any real diffence 2 the acceleration/top speed etc..??
and wot do strut braces and boot braces really do??? thanx :D

Anonymous
16-01-02, 06:50 PM
If you strip out the back seats it makes quite a difference to the handling a nova, so much lighter, but it also make a big difference to the road noise! My nova felt like it had gained 10bhp, but rear end can be a bit too light in the wet. Fitting a roll cage would weigh down the back end quite alot but looks great and stops you dying so much in crashes also stiffens the chassis for handling, (most need harness fitted, the standard front seatbelts get in the way of putting the cage in). Front Strut braces sharpen up the steering loads but increase understeer (small price to pay). I didn't think they would be very good, but i was amazed when i fitted one to my GTE. Don't know how much difference a rear brace makes, but they look great, especially with a stripped out motor.

Anonymous
16-01-02, 10:48 PM
if i wanted 2 fit a 2litre, and heavyly modifie it,turbo,throttle bodies etc.. would it b stupid to strip out the back seats and fit roll cage, considerin how light the nova is and the amount of power there would b under the bonnet??!! cause surely the extra weight of otherpeeps adn the seats would help keep the car on the ground! or not? spose a big ice install between the roll cage were the seats were might help...

Anonymous
17-01-02, 08:45 AM
If you fitted a 2l turbo, a roll cage would be a very good idea!! dont think a stripped out rear would upset the handling, you'd need to uprate the shocks n springs anyway.

Anonymous
17-01-02, 09:44 AM
just weigh ther back down qwith sand bags or summit. It'lll prob have abit too much weight on the frotn end ie easy to spin out!

For Sale- 15" TSW Stealths Good tyres offers??
35mm offset.

Taxed,tested and insured.Go chase criminals

Anonymous
17-01-02, 10:12 PM
removing weight is the cheapest and most effective way to improve your cars handling and performance. Its always well worth it as a base to adding further mods.