PDA

View Full Version : 1.0 carb to E16SE - HELP!!!

Matt GTE
30-04-07, 10:00 PM
Hi.

I'm in the process of fitting an E16SE from a J plate GSi into my F plate 1.0. I have the fuel tank, pump and pipes from the donor car but no wiring.

Where the engine loom plugs into the car loom I have 6 wires on the engine side but only 3 on the car side and the plugs are completely different. I assume the missing wires from the car side are related to the fuel pump so what I need to know is what colours on the engine side do what and how do I wire the fuel pump up. I don't have the wire colours to hand at the moment but can get them tomorrow evening.

As a side question, where do the diagnostic plug and ECU mount as I can't find any obvious mountings for them on the firewall.

Any help would be very much appreciated, I'd like to get the car on the road in time for PVS but can't see it happening at the moment.

Thanks,
Matt.

Mike
30-04-07, 10:58 PM
see here: http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78854

Matt GTE
01-05-07, 04:33 PM
Thanks for that :D... just one quick question though, does the red/blue go straight to the postive on the fuel pump?

Adam
01-05-07, 05:55 PM
Yeah.
You'll have to run a wire to the pump as it wont already be in your car.

Iain
01-05-07, 06:00 PM
And as I've been told fit a fuse too.

Adam
01-05-07, 06:02 PM
Yeah.
A 20A one.

Matt GTE
01-05-07, 06:39 PM
Where do I need to fuse it... near the pump or near the plug in the engine bay?

Thanks for the help fellas, much appreciated.

Iain
01-05-07, 06:41 PM
I put a fuse just where it entered the car, so it's accessible from the passenger footwell if I ever need to get to it. Not sure if it would be better nearer the pump/plug though.