PDA

View Full Version : digidash into mk1

Anonymous
12-01-02, 11:41 AM
before anyone starts i have checked the articles and found nothing.

does anyone know how to get a digidash into a mk1 dashboard

Anonymous
12-01-02, 12:20 PM
:D tack out the old and put in the new :D
LOL

Email info@totalvauxhall.co.uk they should send u some detaled info. hth :)

Anonymous
12-01-02, 08:50 PM
I'm sure that you have found how to wire it in. There is a guide (link on the homepage). But shaping the Mk1 dashboard will be a nigthmare. Solve this prob by putting in a mk2 dash while your there. ;)

Anonymous
16-01-02, 08:34 PM
I've got a guide on the way...it's been on it's way for about 8 months though, so don't hold your breath lol!

It's actually quite easy to do.....I had my Digi-dash in, wired up and working in about 20 mins, which included cutting my MKI dash to make it fit.

BUT I did have to spend a couple of hours at a later date getting it to fit better! It wasn't fastened in at that point, and jumped out of position every time I went over a bump!

See www.novabug.com and feature cars. Then, click on my old Antibes and see the pics of the dash on there.

I used the dash surround from a MKII Astra/Belmont (both Astra and Belmont are the same), and modded that to make a surround.
That covers up the slits in the dash that you have to make to fit the larger digi unit, and holds it in nice a tight...no rattles or squeaks either.

I'm going to be fitting the digi dash in my new GTE at some point soon, but I think I'll fit a MKII dash at the same time.....less hassle to be honest!
I still never got it finished off to look right.....it looked ok, but not a factory-look like you get when fitting in a MKII Nova dash.