PDA

View Full Version : back seats or not,

Nova-Dan
29-04-07, 11:32 AM
well i would like a cage and keep all the interior in,so i would like to know what oyu would do,
would you
A-get a cage were rear seats can be used
or
B-get a cage were rears cant be used and still keep rears,

Sirnixalot
29-04-07, 11:39 AM
depends on what you want the cage for
style
saftey
chassis rigidity

most bolt in and bolt together cages do sod all for rigidity anyway so its just to help in a roll over or crash

also it depends if you use the car as a "car" or as a "toy"

if you dot think you will be carrying more than 1 or 2 people at any given time then get a cage with a rear diagonal as one person could fit in the back.

dannyb
29-04-07, 11:50 AM
I was always under the impression it could be dangerous for back seat passengers having a cage in the back if you ever got smashed into? Something to do with the possibility of them getting caught up in the cage and getting smashed up much worse as a result?

Sirnixalot
29-04-07, 12:07 PM
never said it was safe....just said you could fit someone on the side where the diagonal meets the top of the main hoop.

also if we are talking saftey considering most every cage ive seen on cars on this site, running a cage PERIOD without padding on the main hoop, front legs, door bars and roof bar...basically any part of the cage you can touch is like asking for your skull to be cracked open or bone broken.

Nova-Dan
29-04-07, 12:11 PM
well its been sorted now im gonig to a omp cage,it will be sanded and polished to match strut braces

LUV2XLR8
29-04-07, 12:17 PM
my omp cage fits fine with the back seats in

Nova-Dan
29-04-07, 12:18 PM
cool,can you show me a few pics luv2xlr8 and can you get a passenger in back,

Adam
29-04-07, 12:26 PM
Either strip it full bore, or keep the interior.
I wouldn't bother with a half cage or anything to keep the rear seats.

Nova-Dan
29-04-07, 12:27 PM
hmm thats an idea ill have a think.

R1CH
29-04-07, 01:26 PM
Having folk sitting in the back with a cage in is a stupid idea !!

Philsutton
29-04-07, 01:37 PM
if you have rear seats dont have a cage, if you have no rear seats then fit one but dont do both.

NovaLad
29-04-07, 01:42 PM
Don't be silly ... Wrap ya willy...

Martin
29-04-07, 06:32 PM
Don't be silly ... Wrap *ya willy...

*Up

As Phill says one or the other..

Iain
29-04-07, 06:48 PM
Don't bother with back seats, and get a proper cage.

It's not like you have friends anyway. :p

vaughanmc
29-04-07, 06:51 PM
^^^ lol

novanutted
29-04-07, 06:55 PM
im stripping mine fully you should do the same! proper rally slag!!

Dan
29-04-07, 07:16 PM
fpmsl at this thread and all the 'serious' replies. Remember he's only a young lad who wont even has his provisional for another 2 - 3 years so it wont matter a damn if he fits a cage with seats or not as the only physical damage a passenger in the rear will get is if one of them gets excited making brum brum noises

Sirnixalot
29-04-07, 07:23 PM
didnt realize that till after he mentioned on msn....

Philsutton
29-04-07, 08:12 PM
fpmsl at this thread and all the 'serious' replies. Remember he's only a young lad who wont even has his provisional for another 2 - 3 years so it wont matter a damn if he fits a cage with seats or not as the only physical damage a passenger in the rear will get is if one of them gets excited making brum brum noises

lmfao i would normally have dropped the fact that he is only 14 and the relevance to having people in the back but for some reason i didnt lol

Lee
29-04-07, 09:23 PM
At a guess he sleeps in it whenever he can, so a cage is possibly a bad idea lol

NovaLad
29-04-07, 09:26 PM
A cage is good .. Maby one like they have at a zoo ... So he can't get out lol