PDA

View Full Version : low oil pressure

Anonymous
14-01-02, 10:10 PM
i realy aint avin much luck, garage finally got my car goin put it down to damp dizzy as it was out during the snow. anyways got it back took it for a burn and the oil pressure gauge read low on the digi dash it was showin bout 2 notches sumtimes half and abit more when u giv it sum(showin 2 notches on tick over when usally shows 1/2). i also took the dip stick out when car was hot and nothin cum out but when it did it bout five mins later specs of oil got spat out. wat can tis b? how can u tell if ur oil pump is goin or main bearings are worn as tis is the severe cases that it says in the haynes that t mite b. Its only happened since the heads bin off its surly cant go just like tis, as the oil pressure was wicked b4???

Anonymous
15-01-02, 01:30 PM
have u got oil in the engine????

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
15-01-02, 02:03 PM
Oil pressure relief valve on the oil pump cud be sticking? Rick

It only owes me ?10k so far! lmfao

Anonymous
15-01-02, 03:31 PM
the oil pickup pip in the sump could have some sh*t on the mesh(drain oil tack sump off and clean mesh with a wier brush)if that isnt the prob could be pump os as sead abov hth

Anonymous
15-01-02, 05:18 PM
checked all them gave the engine a engine flush put in new oil and changed oil filer 2nite the oil pressure seems to be ok but theres a funny knockin now, arrhhhh does tis never end, it seems to be cummin from the gearbox side and only does it at tick over, when i rev the car it goes could tis indicate worn big end bearins. also wat other way its there to test if these av gone??

Anonymous
16-01-02, 11:23 AM
If the noise gets worse when warmer, its your mains and ends, would explain low oil pressure too.

**Why take a big block on the track when you can whoop ar*e with a small block?**