PDA

View Full Version : red top engine wiring

sealeyA1
26-04-07, 09:05 PM
alright folks, been workin on my 20ltr conversion for a while now only problem is i started with a nova swing version, finally come to wire up engine loom guess what nowhere to plug it into the original loom. is there any way of wiring it in from fresh or do i need to source a gte/gsi in car wiring loom. someone please help me. :confused:

big gra
26-04-07, 10:43 PM
you could really do with the loom from the car the engine came out of! ebay is your best bet!

sealeyA1
27-04-07, 03:20 PM
got the engine from a g plate astra gte but the in car (dash) wiring loom is too long and all the switch connections are in the wrong place plus the loom is thicker as its got all the wires for the ABS and im struggling to get the dash to sit back properly, got the astra engine management wiring but do i need a nova gte dash wiring loom as i also have the nova swing dash loom but need to know if i can use that one somehow.

gsiboy21
27-04-07, 10:06 PM
do you have the engine loom

sealeyA1
29-04-07, 07:34 PM
do you have the engine loom

got the xe engine wiring loom from the astra that i got the engine from but only got the in car main loom that was in the original nova swing, therefore not got the connection on the main loom to plug the engine loom into. is there anyway of connecting the engine loom without having to replace the main loom with a gte/gsi loom. please can someone help me cause i cant find a new loom and am runnin out of patience with a car that has now been 3 years in the making. cheers.

sealeyA1
06-05-07, 09:43 PM
right seen the error of my ways and probably why i aint had no help, cant find a nova gte/gsi wiring loom, so now fitted the original nova swing wiring loom back in how do i wire the engine management loom into the battery, fuel pump etc. any more help please, would pics help as im not sure what management loom i got

Adam
07-05-07, 04:11 PM
The engine loom wont plug in, as its a XE, no nova's had XE's as std, so none have the other half of the xe loom plug.
You have to cut the plugs off and wire it into your car loom.

A gte/gsi wiring loom wont make things any different, exactly the same procedure.