PDA

View Full Version : c20xe tidy up

novathere
26-04-07, 03:33 PM
my nova's been on the road with the 2.0 in for a few months now but when i put the engine in i rushed it and didnt tidy anything now i wish i did. so im gonna strip it and re do everything again. thing is i dont know what to do with the engine bay. i want it looking like its just come out of the shop. do i cut the bulk and relocate the batt? and wheres the best places to weld. it has been seam welded but im wondering if theres anywhere that would help if it was done again. any idea's would be great! not just for engine bay but for interior aswell. (happy with exterior) will get pics up soon. cheers!

Welsh Dan
26-04-07, 03:42 PM
The 'cleanest' looking bays I've seen have had the coil, header tank etc.. relocated behind the firewall with a cover over the whole section and a neat job done to the cables with split loom etc...

novathere
26-04-07, 06:17 PM
i like that idea! i guess id have to chuck the battery in the boot then?

big gra
26-04-07, 11:04 PM
i did the same, now i wanna take my engine out again and do it properly but cant be bothered with the hassle really!

novathere
27-04-07, 12:19 AM
i just hate opening the bonnet an seeing mess! ive spent ?0000's on it an i wanna make it look like i have rather than it look like the usual rust box. any other idea's peeps? interior to! is there any other clock that can be made to fit into a mk1 dash?????

novathere
27-04-07, 12:19 AM
i just hate opening the bonnet an seeing mess! ive spent ?0000's on it an i wanna make it look like i have rather than it look like the usual rust box. any other idea's peeps? interior to! is there any other clock that can be made to fit into a mk1 dash?????