PDA

View Full Version : Peco exhaust?

Anonymous
11-01-02, 05:11 PM
Hi guys. Ive just got a K&N for my 1.2 and now i want a back box. Whats the best make to go for? I was going to go for a peco big bore 4 is this a good choice? Does ne one know what the differences in noice will be between the standard and this and different makes ie magnex?

cheers

Nova say never

Anonymous
11-01-02, 06:44 PM
LMAO

"I'm a junky with a monkey"

Anonymous
11-01-02, 06:58 PM
did i say something funny?

Nova say never

Anonymous
11-01-02, 07:22 PM
peco's are top of the shit league mate look for an alternative

Anonymous
11-01-02, 07:38 PM
I don't understand why people slag off Peco so much. I've got a Powermaster on my car, i personally didn't put it on but don't mind it.

At the end of the day they are cheap and you get what you pay for, but i don't regret mine.

I'm sure people will slate you for it but its your choice. At that kind of money you probably won't get better.

Anonymous
11-01-02, 07:45 PM
i had a full pcs syetem on my 1.5 and it was loud

not bad for ?99!!

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Driver required to take car to VBOA/TRAX apply at ste@novaload.net

Anonymous
12-01-02, 03:54 AM
old boss had a PCS full sys on his GTE it was a great budget buy i'd consider definitely

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

Anonymous
12-01-02, 10:39 AM
peco has a shite name for itself
the big bore 4 is/was stupid in the fact that a 4" exhaust looks plain daft on 99% of cars, what makes the bb4 even worse is the fact that when u look at it its just a small pipe that flares out to the very edge of the tailpipe lip.

they look crap and sound crap, the dtm design is now massivly out of fasion (i never liked them anyway) the powermaster ones look fine IMO (but ive never heard one)but the rest of the range tarnishes its image

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
12-01-02, 11:30 AM
well if i want an exhaust on each side of my 1.2SX whats my best make to get?, price isn't a problem, but its gotta give me a deep sound, and have 3inch tails??, where should look, i.e janspeed or magnex or scorpion etc

Anonymous
12-01-02, 12:40 PM
i dont know y some of u hate peco so much i think thr ok a m8s hade a peco big bore 4" and it sounded good. he's now got janspeed but soundeds sh*t if u want sound go for big bors 4"

Anonymous
12-01-02, 03:57 PM
BB4's sap the power from the engine and sound shitte!

"I'm a junky with a monkey"

Anonymous
12-01-02, 10:19 PM
so what do i go for then for sound and quality?

Nova say never

Anonymous
13-01-02, 09:21 AM
and a 4" tailpipe looks stupid on a nova, there far to big.

if u want a nova system coming out from each side pay a visit to your local powerflow dealer
they make the systems upto your spec and they can even change the sound to suit your needs

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
13-01-02, 01:12 PM
Powerflow don't really give you an option of how it sounds, they've got a choice of about 3 sound levels, I found that if you ask for:-

Quiet (standard loudness) = Loud
Loud = Very Loud
Really Loud = Did they put centre pipe in!

I've got a 3.5" pipe on mine and now wish I'd have gone for a 4 or 4.5",

I think it depends if its functional or not, A 1.2 with a 4" will always sound like a 1.2

Anonymous
13-01-02, 06:40 PM
i have two novas one with bb2 and one with bb4, if you want to be loud go for bb4 but it sticks out at a stupid angle, i prefer bb2 cause its cheap, sounds pretty good, and looks preety good, what more do you want, no point spending a lot of money on an exaust they are all basicly the same.

Anonymous
13-01-02, 07:34 PM
ANOTHER OPTION!
I have a BB" but am constructing a straight thru pipe with centre exit. I iwll use the BB2 back box but i am gunne chop off the two inch tail pipe and fit a 4" x 2" exit. The BB2 is loud anyways but straight thru will be VERY bassy. Lot of work but definately worth it i think.

Performance Car Audio - http://customize.9f.com

Anonymous
14-01-02, 11:51 AM
my 1.6i lump has a peco BB2 back box.
the back box is from a GTE, hence mk1.
cos mines a mk2 the zorst sits nicely tucked away under the bumper, not sticking out a mile and looking shit.
sounds good too.
not saying they are ace, but mines ok...not raspy, just a nice clean note

Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

no blank cheques, just graft and patience...whhhaaaarrrppp

Anonymous
14-01-02, 02:35 PM
If your limited on cash go for a peco. It depends what you wnat if you just want something that looks and souns ok then BB's are the way to go. To be honest nothing will make a massive improvement to a 1.2 unless it's replaced!
Powerflow are arseholes aswell, they will only make a twin exit zorst if you get rid of your tire well else its a big no no! I know cus i asked already. Go for a stainless stell jobbie, like magnex, janspeed or sportex. Remember to keep your standard zorst then you can transfer your new ss zorst to your new car! That way you can spend slightly more and have a lifetime garuntee too!

You Know When You've Been Novataken!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
14-01-02, 03:33 PM
Realistically the only option is to remove the spare wheel well if you want a centre exit exhaust. You can't really call them arseholes because of this.

If you look under the rear of your Nova you will see that there is minimal space to mount a rear silencer between the wheel well and rear bumper. Hanging the silencer under the wheel well would just be ridicoulous as it would constantly ground out.

The only other option would be to mount the silencer in the original position and run a pipe off of it to the centre of the bumper.

I'm sure if you suggested this to Powerflow they would do it for you. I don't think you should slate them so easily.