PDA

View Full Version : nokia phones

kevster
26-04-07, 11:13 AM
my phone is dew its upgrade what do phone do you lot think i sould go for :thumb: :thumb:

Stuart
26-04-07, 11:21 AM
erm what do you want from it?

eg I for one cant stand camera phones... which limits choice somewhat lol

and do you geniunely use the features your about to rattle off (ps blue tooth isnt a feature anymore as all phones should have it by default)

craig green
26-04-07, 12:02 PM
No idea what to go for, I ignore all the phone nonsense ads etc. However my 1st & only NOKIA Ive ever had is still going strong after 2+ yrs of use. 7610, spot on. dedcent camera, takes 10 min vids & lots more. Still on original battery & getting 4-5 days per charge.

Why is a cam phone such a bad idea Stu. You only have to use it when required, but I do appreciate some phones are more of a crap camera with a shiddy phone designed as an afterthought.

kevster
26-04-07, 12:04 PM
i have a n70 at the moment but its on its last legs now , like to have a cam on it i think , just in case i need it

craig green
26-04-07, 12:22 PM
Yeah, Ive got a digi cam but dont always have it if I wanna snap a mate being a tit in a night club, or if I see a nice car in a car park etc.
Dead handy IMO.

Stuart
26-04-07, 12:41 PM
not alowed camera phones at work, ok its not enforced but its still wise to not have them.

plus as said, you get either a "good" camera and a pants phone or a pants camera and a half decent phone... id rather ahve two seperate items that are both good lol.

SRlew
26-04-07, 12:44 PM
i got the N73, is a good one, just needs a memory card if i go to a show or something lol as it didnt come with one but still holds a lot, camera is good quality, as thats what all my pics on here are taken with.

lol craig yeh i take picyures of cars if i see them (took one of a firebird otherday) and on nights out its good lol

Pillar
26-04-07, 12:44 PM
get a samsung d900 i got one bout a month ago its the best phone ive ever owned its amazing

sunni_jay
26-04-07, 01:03 PM
samsung u600
or
nokia n93

sunni_jay
26-04-07, 01:03 PM
there the best of the best
or even the nokia n73

dannyb
26-04-07, 02:57 PM
I bought a Sony Ericsson for pay as you go, but later broke the joystick so navigating it is a pain in the a*se and The Link where I got it from has shut down :( I'd say go for something which doesn't have a joystick on it!

Pillar
27-04-07, 11:50 AM
I bought a Sony Ericsson for pay as you go, but later broke the joystick so navigating it is a pain in the a*se and The Link where I got it from has shut down :( I'd say go for something which doesn't have a joystick on it! i agree ericssons are a pain in the ass happened to my old contract phone to!

hendrix
27-04-07, 01:10 PM
ive just got an N95 Nokia and its absolutely superb. 5.1MP camera too. got 512mb mini sd card, its the size of a finger nail!
also on a cheaper contract with more minutes and I got the phone 'free'. Bonus!

kevster
27-04-07, 01:28 PM
ive just got an N95 Nokia and its absolutely superb. 5.1MP camera too. got 512mb mini sd card, its the size of a finger nail!
how did you get it free ??? who you with

wisewood
27-04-07, 01:56 PM
3 ... has to be, they're **** so have to give away great phones and loads of minutes to get people to think about signing up lol

I lost track of the mobile market some time ago... but would definately say as everyone is different, you have to make your own decision. Make a list of what you use your phone for mostly, and find a phone that fits that is nice to use - dont put up with something that is crap just becuase its got a 10mp camera - especially if you dont use the camera more than twice a year lol

kevster
27-04-07, 02:00 PM
yeah you right o grate wisewood lol
will pop to the o2 shop in the morning

wisewood
27-04-07, 02:06 PM
Also - unless you're really a slave to fashion, ignore anything other than candy-bar handsets - moving parts are just one more thing to break :D

Matt2107
27-04-07, 02:14 PM

The N95 was the phone I was going to get but when my contract was due for renewal I couldn't wait so I settled for a K800i in limited edition brushed aluminium.. only available at O2.

I always pop to a few shops to check whether any moving bits (if there are any) are broken as thats generally quite a good indicator of whether anything will wear out quickly.

wisewood
27-04-07, 02:16 PM
its getting better, but still the shops put poor quality plastic models on display so you're not even getting hold of a genuine phone. Its a hassle, you then have to ask if you can have a touchy feely real one to play with for 5 minutes, and while you do that the salesman is breathing down your neck offering to suck your balls to make the sale.

Stuart
27-04-07, 02:47 PM
i confused a phone monkey by demanding a good phone with nice features that can recieve MMS's etc but with no camera and non intrusive music features etc... I litterally saw the fuse in his pea brain pop lol.

kevster
27-04-07, 03:20 PM
i confused a phone monkey by demanding a good phone with nice features that can recieve MMS's etc but with no camera and non intrusive music features etc... I litterally saw the fuse in his pea brain pop lol.
bless him lol :thumb: