PDA

View Full Version : compression

diablo007
24-04-07, 10:23 PM
alright lads? does anyone no what the cc should be in the 1.3sr piston dish? ive measured it with a burette an some petrol and ended up with these results; 1st try was 16.2, 2nd 16.1 and the 3rd was 16.5. are any of these near to what it should be?

these numbers were stamped on the top of the piston so if anyone could tell me what the fook they mean it would be greatly appreciated!

T29
1d6
75.481c
spo.014
50mm

pul16v
24-04-07, 11:15 PM
my prefured way of doing it is to put piston at top dead and seal round it with grease then get a piece of clear plastic about 3mm think cut it so it goes over the cylinder i usually make it so if can be used on the head aswell drill a hole in it so i can fill with a liquid sometimes i need to drill a second hole at the side near cylinder wall all depends on the liquid in useing and the piston design i also use a cyring (sp) and a needle which i now not everyone can get there hands on ( my sister diabetic ) and petrol isnt really a v good liquid to be useing as it evaporates i ted to use something like lamp oil or something thin that doesnt evaporate

phil

diablo007
25-04-07, 06:36 PM
i now how to do it im just wonderin if the results i got are right or not and what all the numbers mean! but thanks anyway

pul16v
25-04-07, 08:30 PM
ok sorry mate just thought id go into it if they are 3 reading uve got with out any fluid loss or spillage id just take an average off the three or are they differnt cylinder meassurements ? beacuse differnt cylinder can be franctionally out in my experiance

phil

diablo007
26-04-07, 07:12 PM
naw its the same cylinder , ive left the results wit the engineer so its his problem now :D

mowgli
26-04-07, 09:43 PM
What are you trying to achieve?
are you skimming the head to make higher cr?
to get to the cr, you should measure the piston cc, the head cc, the gasket cc & the swept volume.
I would suggest using cooking oil not petrol