PDA

View Full Version : cambelt

MyNovaSr
24-04-07, 03:44 PM
Anyone local to hinckley that can do a cambelt/waterpump?

Vauxhall want ?300 to do both. Would do it myself but been told that if im 1 tooth out I can seriously mess it up.

Got money but not that much :eek:

big gra
24-04-07, 03:46 PM
seriously consider doing it yourself, im 17 and i did it, just make sure to get the crank in the right place and put a mark on the cam pulley so you know were it should be, thats all i did! the hardest part is geting the water pump out, i had to smash mine to get it out!

Matt2107
24-04-07, 03:48 PM
Why not just take it to a non vauxhall garage.

Last time i took one it was ?80 with me suppling the parts.

Adam
24-04-07, 03:48 PM
What engine on?

Its very easy, just take your time and mark the timing marks in tippex, dont turn the engine with the belt off. And it'll be reet.

MyNovaSr
24-04-07, 10:00 PM
No garage around here other than vauxhall will do it and im not really confident enough to do it myself. A friend whos a **** hot mechanic said he wudnt do it cos they can be *******s.

Now me water pump gone and it neeeeds to be done, so help wud be appriciated. Plus paid for :thumb:

tis an xe btw

John
24-04-07, 10:05 PM
No garage around here other than vauxhall will do it and im not really confident enough to do it myself. A friend whos a **** hot mechanic said he wudnt do it cos they can be *******s.

Now me water pump gone and it neeeeds to be done, so help wud be appriciated. Plus paid for :thumb:

tis an xe btw

Xe cambelts are a piece of pish, and i'm ceratinly no sh*t hot mechanic! Follow lltns advice, don't start it up until everything is spot on and you've wound it over by hand first.
If only you were closer Lol!

MyNovaSr
24-04-07, 10:12 PM
have to see if anyone is closer to do it . Neeeeds to be done, poor thing sat on the drive lol

Stuart
24-04-07, 10:14 PM
just do it yourself you big girl.....

if you dont then you wont learn ;)

MyNovaSr
24-04-07, 10:20 PM
its broken at the moment, cant afford to mess it up. if someone else does it and messes it up then I can blame them :D

do none standard cams make it any harder?