PDA

View Full Version : for all u bright sparks!!!

Anonymous
09-01-02, 07:31 PM
i ended up gettin a high energy coil by jacobs for my 1.4sr, but i also bought a ballast resistor do i need to use tis as there for stoppin the coil burnin out points etc but i aint got points as only the 1.0 cum wiv points and the rest cum wiv electronic ignition systems didnt they. so by usin tis ballast resistor it will hold bak the voltage of the performance coil wont it? so therefore the coil wont b doin its job. i spoke to a few peeps and they go if my coil has one built in i will fit a ballast resisor wiv the performnce coil, so does any1 know if the 1.3/1.4sr coils had ballast resistor and will i need to use one cheers.

Anonymous
09-01-02, 09:41 PM
the resistor is for preventing the coil from overheating aswell as preventing points from frying. most cars with ECU's have current limiting functions in them so you dont need the res, but in your case i would suggest using it :) if you wanna test the coil resistances (with a good AVO meter) and then compare that to the "performance" one, then decide if you want to add the resistor

"I'm a junky with a monkey"