PDA

View Full Version : Mutual respekt in da novas innit!

Lee
23-04-07, 06:27 PM
A year or so ago i was running about in my bro-in-laws scooby, and noticed that every other fecker in a scooby waves at you when you drive past them.

I drove into Newbury earlier in the SR, and for some reason, i decided to try it with Novas (theres only a handful in the area and very rarely am i in it when i go past one). Was a good day for the experiment, as i passed 3!

First one was a doggy old MK1 SR with most of the arches missing and primer pretty much everywhere. So i stuck my hand up. he waved back lol

Next one was sat at the lights, a standard nova spin, uber clean (ive seen it about and considered offering him some money but never got to speak to him). Stuck my hand up again... and he waved back too PMSL

I thought that had confirmed it, but as i was pootling back, a silver GTe came past me on the duel carriage way. I looked at him as he went past, and he nodded at me FPMSL.

So its confirmed! Nova owners respekt each other innit!!

NovaLad
23-04-07, 06:29 PM
It's "RESTECPA" lol ... I didn't know people with scooby's did that ... When i used to ride about on my moped or on my mates 125 bikers allways nod ... It's called the "Bikers Nod" suprisingly lol ..

lee coley
23-04-07, 06:30 PM
i allways get some **** in a rate bag of ****e nova with stupid kit and 7 colours on it waving at me its not rate good having people like that waving at you,

Lee
23-04-07, 06:32 PM
It's "RESTECPA" lol ... I didn't know people with scooby's did that ... When i used to ride about on my moped or on my mates 125 bikers allways nod ... It's called the "Bikers Nod" suprisingly ..

yeah, bikers do it all the time. I never realised the scooby thing either, i spent a few days wondering if they thought i was martin, and they were his mates. Theres so many of the feckers that my arm got tired at the end of the fortnight i was 'borrowing' it lol

Ian
23-04-07, 06:34 PM
i allways get some **** in a rate bag of ****e nova with stupid kit and 7 colours on it waving at me its not rate good having people like that waving at you,
BT likes his multi coloured nova :(

lol

lee coley
23-04-07, 06:35 PM
lol

NovaLad
23-04-07, 06:37 PM
my arm got tired at the end of the fortnight
That wasn't from the waving ;)

Stuart
23-04-07, 06:38 PM
most of us fags with vx's/elises wave to each other lol

draper
23-04-07, 06:39 PM
i wouldnt try it round here, youd get mugged !!!

Lee
23-04-07, 06:39 PM

You sure thats not just a limp wrist? lol

NovaLad
23-04-07, 06:40 PM
Like this :gay:

lol

Stuart
23-04-07, 06:41 PM
You sure thats not just a limp wrist? lol

its a compulsory mince you get when buying one..... i was way ahead of that though lol

Spudly
23-04-07, 06:43 PM
Ive noticed this too (the waving in novas i mean) but there not many of em round ere though :cry: but the few times you do see some then they usually give you the thumbs up or a nod or suchlike, its quite cool though i think like a lil family tee-hee (only kiddin but im sure you all know what i mean)lol

novalovingned
23-04-07, 06:59 PM
on the rare occasion i drive mine to work, i pass a couple of guys and i didnt wave at first but they did, i was chuffed lol, and when ever i go out for a drive at the local i speak to randoms that drive novas, but u do get the odd guy who just belts off like he is trying to prove somethinglol

bieransri
23-04-07, 07:05 PM
noticed this last night was parked up where everybody with their cars meet on a sunday, parked up with my mate in his 306 rallye, a white 1.2 went past beeped, then a clean as fook silky gsi went past and beeped, i said to everyone see if he papps and he did fpml

Kinky Monza
23-04-07, 07:18 PM

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO Stu's finally admitted he's a fag lol

Stuart
23-04-07, 07:26 PM
wake up, that was done years ago :p

coochiSR
23-04-07, 08:11 PM
Lol, i've always done it......and then i get followed and spoken to, then they keep asking me questions and bug me, never leave me alone and think mine's GORGEOUS........
But then all the chav-tastic Nova's in my area normally try and race me, so i overtake and go back round roundabout to prove a point, don't know why though cos they are all slow and each time they keep trying to race me, me thinks they got a new sticker, induction kit or they've lost weight some how..........

dhdev (Oli)
23-04-07, 08:41 PM
I waved at a couple in a layby earlier and got a lot more than i expected :eek:

lol lol lol

Lee
23-04-07, 08:46 PM
I waved at a couple in a layby earlier and got a lot more than i expected :eek:

lol lol lol

I forgot to mention not to flash your headlights lol lol lol lol lol

Driver
23-04-07, 08:47 PM
i noticed this aswell, started on my moped with bikers then as i got me nova van every nova and powerfull corsa waved and tried to race

mainly cus the van was uber low and looked fast lol

now i just get chavs in corsas and 306s trying to race me, more now since me exhaust fell off lol

Novasport
23-04-07, 08:55 PM
Used to get it loads when I had my old Mini Cooper, at first people in other Minis wave or flash & you think 'Did I know them, who the fook was that?'
Freindly bunch Mini drivers! Now I drive a BMW every fooker cuts you up, gives you the V or swears at you even when I've done nothing wrong!

dhdev (Oli)
23-04-07, 08:57 PM
I forgot to mention not to flash your headlights lol lol lol lol lol

Interior lights, get it right :roll:

Lee
23-04-07, 09:00 PM
Interior lights, get it right :roll:#

Sorry, im not a dogging pro :cry:

dhdev (Oli)
23-04-07, 09:03 PM
#

Sorry, im not a dogging pro :cry:

Don'tv worry I'll teach you everything you need to know, maybe we should take this to PM ;)

Lee
23-04-07, 09:03 PM
ok, see you and your pointy nips in PM lol

krobinson
23-04-07, 09:07 PM
Theres a good few proper clean novas around my area now (beaneys, petes etc) and they all wave at other Nova Drivers.

Keith

NovaLad
23-04-07, 09:53 PM
beaney with the red nova?

Ash
23-04-07, 10:34 PM
honda's do this alot, even civic to integra's, etc. I never got waved at in the nova :( the week i got my 305, me and everyone else in the car would wave to any other pug estate, most were farmers and didn't have a fooking clue what was going on lol

stuartp
23-04-07, 10:54 PM
peeps round here are pretty cool mainly all vx's drivers!! nice to know people are noticing your car..

Dave.
23-04-07, 10:57 PM
im well trying that when i see afew novas around and about

Kinky Monza
23-04-07, 11:21 PM
im well trying that when i see afew novas around and about

You would lol can you even drive legally yet???

NovaLad
23-04-07, 11:50 PM
he can't he is only 14 lol .. :P

Jack
23-04-07, 11:57 PM
GT4 drivers tend to acknowledge each other I've noticed. Never had it in any of the Novas, but then I never really bother waving at randoms in them; and if anyone waves at me when I'm in a Nova I tend to just stare at them and think "sorry do I know you" lol

Adam
24-04-07, 12:16 AM
The other week just off the m6 someone in a nova with a kingdom type k front bumper(in grey primer), and kingdom spoiler in primer, waved to me.

I just looked the other way. lol

draper
24-04-07, 06:46 AM
cheers mate lol

Matt2107
24-04-07, 12:14 PM
I used to wave at BigStan in his GTE.... until it was stolen. Now I think the only chance of me passing him and waving until its fixed is if I drive by his house and he happens to be sat behind the wheel.

Ernie
24-04-07, 12:25 PM
ive noticed omega drivers do it aswel.

Novadex
24-04-07, 12:30 PM
lol my Dad used to own a VW camper, and when ever they pass they would do the "west side" hand symbol thing at my dad. I thought he was some sort of hood rat at first lol

kevster
24-04-07, 01:15 PM
lol

Lynsey
24-04-07, 01:16 PM
People in Novas wave at me :~P but most of them are people I know so it's not as bad. Although the other day I had some ****ty red Nova turn around in the garage to follow me, that was odd... Had a Novadose kit and some +60mm springs lol lol lol yes, +60!!

Jack
24-04-07, 01:23 PM
People in Novas wave at me
A female in a Nova - judging by the reaction female members of the populace get when they join on here, are you really all that surprised? lol

Lynsey
24-04-07, 02:06 PM
Not really, but I wouldn't just randomly wave to someone because they drive the same model of car... Then again, I am here speaking to randomers just because they have the same car lol I don't know. see sig lol

craig green
24-04-07, 02:13 PM
LOL we were only discussing this in work yesterday as one of the girls in the office has a SMART & she says they all do it.

I've had it a few times in my Novas over the years but I did get it from a few Cav GSi owners when I had mine. That seemed more flattering for some reason, maybe as it was from blokes, as opposed to lads.

Matt2107
24-04-07, 02:16 PM
I used to get flashed by a Nova all the time when I lived at my mom and dads... then I realised it was actually my cousin!

Its not my fault she dyed her hair.

NovaLad
24-04-07, 02:55 PM
Also when my dad had a r5 for 2 month everone in 1 would nod because they knew what a pain in the **** they was .. lol

Novadex
24-04-07, 03:06 PM
Just make sure that the other Nova drivers are flashing you to say hello and not to tell you that somethings falling off! lol

craig green
24-04-07, 03:12 PM
Or that you are about to get owned down the road by a mobile Gatso.

MyNovaSr
24-04-07, 03:29 PM
People in leicestershire always think I want to race. So I tend not to nod. What about the shakeing head? Got overtook by a evo other day so I caught him up, when I sat next to him at the light he shook his head :wtf: .

Cant win either way.

Adam
24-04-07, 03:30 PM
cheers mate lol
LMAO lollollol

Jack
24-04-07, 03:34 PM
Got overtook by a evo other day so I caught him up, when I sat next to him at the light he shook his head :wtf:
I regularly do that to chavved up cars, or ones that attempt to race my Celica. Either that or laugh lol

Asa-James
24-04-07, 06:11 PM
i was waved at by an alfa driver once. i was testing a new brera (sh1te) and waved back:tosser:

he didnt like it much.....

dannyb
24-04-07, 07:01 PM
Most who drive Novas in Bognor are scrotes and don't wave or anything. The few who I've actually spoken to (who own a Nova to have more than an A to B car) say they aren't computer literate to go on Novaload, that or "Can't be f*cked mate" lol A friend who has owned a string of Mk2 Golfs and a Corrado gets a lot of waves/flashes from other water and aircooled 'Dubs.

MyNovaSr
24-04-07, 10:08 PM
It is not chaved up. It's a nova loaded with power :D

see what i did there ;)