PDA

View Full Version : Mounts

Anonymous
06-01-02, 12:06 AM
Hello people.

I'm back at uni from my crimbo holidays, but the nova ain't in a too good condition.

The 16v has ripped the engine mounts to bits so i'm in need of some uprated ones.
But which ones.........
TAS??? or are there other companies which make them?? Prices?

Also, the wheel bearings have taken some abuse. Are uprated bearings available?

Cheers Guys, and Happy new year!!

(Oh yeah. I'm well up for the track day - If it isn't too much money (I'm only a student!!)) ;)

http://www.theboyracer.net/mig/enginebay.jpg

Anonymous
06-01-02, 01:45 AM
Yup go for TAS ones i uses these ones and the engine hardly moves at all they are well worth the money. Rick

My 'big bepe' will get you all in 2002

Anonymous
06-01-02, 02:46 AM
Whats the price for the three mounts m8?

Anonymous
06-01-02, 04:49 PM
hey austin nova was yours the red 16v at regal a while back? i had the black 1 with 17inch dares?

Anonymous
06-01-02, 08:37 PM
Yeah m8. Me cars still not running well. I need:

Unprated engine mounts
Exhaust cam (so I can fit a dizzy on there)

- as it still has the problem of cutting out at higher rpm and the engine is moving about alot.

Oh yeah....and suspension!!

Anonymous
07-01-02, 07:40 PM
doh! well myne has completly changed! gone down 2 16s dropped 80mm ive gone subtle style wiv just facelift n smooth bumpers n flush boot lid. done much 2 urz since? im afta a new shell now coz mynes had it in the boot big time!! new engine in summer not 16v insurance wont let mex-(
well all hav 2 meet up again it waz a laff!

Anonymous
08-01-02, 06:04 PM
Yeah. I need a new shell as mine is all round SHABBY! Havn't done much to it as I've had no money.........

My engine mounts are f***ed atm so I'm not driving it around and I need some decent suspension.

To get insurance for a 16v, buy yourself a shi**er which has Tax and Mot get insured on that and get maybe your mum or dad insured on your nova. I have done it (788 pounds in total for me to drive the nova - all mods declared. LOVELY!!) :D

Anonymous
08-01-02, 09:47 PM
good idea! i may try that my parents hav 2trust me with 2years no claims surly?:D

Anonymous
08-01-02, 11:27 PM
yup