PDA

View Full Version : engine died at juntion

Anonymous
05-01-02, 03:02 PM
:( my engine in my 1.2 died at a junction 2day and when started had a loud knocking noise when turning over wot is wrong could it be a snaped valve,rocker,spring?
Will it be expensive to repaire?
Will it of cause any real damage?
:(
direct line breakdown took just 30mins to get me, at least that was somthing worth having!!
:)
Is this a good excuse to do a engine coversion ;)

How much is a 1.4-1.6 16v?? ;-/

Anonymous
05-01-02, 05:57 PM
Has cam belt snaped

Anonymous
05-01-02, 06:49 PM
oooooh nasty! how loud is the knocking noise
if ur cam belt has snapped ull do ur valves and everything!
is it like a slight loud "diesely type" of knocking noise??

"Saxo?, i'd rather walk!"

:D

Anonymous
05-01-02, 08:10 PM
Since you say it re-started, it can't be the cam belt that's gone....it wouldn't start at all in that case.

Isn't the 1.2 a safe engine anyway?
I thought that if the cam belt goes on a 1.2, the valves are safe?

When my head-gasket went on my 1.2, it blew between cylinders 1 and 2 so both cylinders where fooking each other up.
It sounded like a VERY loud diesel but still ran enough to get home the 6 and a bit miles. I burnt a hole in a piston though, and blew a water core plug out of the block.....nice steam!

Is there smoke from the zorst? When the above happened, it kicked loads out......not good.

It lead to my 1.3 SR engine swap, so you're probably best off doing the same....perfect excuse for an engine swap. It depends what you can afford engine wise.....my 1.3 was only ?40 but a 1.4-1.6 16V are going to be a few hundred quid.

It depends what damage has occurred though....it might not be anything too serious.

Anonymous
05-01-02, 11:48 PM
maybe the cam belt slipd, that is possible

Anonymous
06-01-02, 09:54 AM
wouldnt knock though?

maybe the bottom end has given up the ghost?

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
07-01-02, 02:10 PM
the cam belt is fine, it restarts but you have to keep the key turned or just dies again,was told by direct break down bloke that the rocker might of slpipped out of place if a lifter has filler up quick enough!

:) Let this be lesson to all let U're motor warm up in winter foe a good min or 2 or this happens!

I normaly do but a was getting a mouths full from the misses to get to the sales A.S.A.P!

Anonymous
07-01-02, 02:11 PM
the cam belt is fine, it restarts but you have to keep the key turned or just dies again,was told by direct break down bloke that the rocker might of slpipped out of place if a lifter has filler up quick enough!

:) Let this be lesson to all let U're motor warm up in winter foe a good min or 2 or this happens!

I normaly do but a was getting a mouths full from the misses to get to the sales A.S.A.P!

Any one know where to get a 1.4 16v engine form? :)