PDA

View Full Version : My Combe in car footage (including engine suicide lol)

Lee
22-04-07, 11:03 AM
Here's my footage from yesterday. Was an awesome day, the shell was better than i ever could have hoped, I think the blue one had more issues than I thought! Only one small issue arose, and that was in the form of the engine exploding lol

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5462290582787119808&hl=en-GB

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-4489526448718414859&hl=en-GB

Also, heres some pics of the damage. TBH, im not too bothered, I was planning overhauling the engine at the end of the season anyway, it just means I need a temporary lump to do me this season, and I can start the engine rebuild on another block early. Oli had some new cams waiting to go in his. Dar rekons they were trying to tell us something lol

Small hole which i thought wasnt that bad....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Bottlethroddy/P4210225.jpg

Oh feck, its the crank!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Bottlethroddy/P4210224.jpg

valverguy
22-04-07, 11:11 AM
Thats nasty lol. i was told ur nova was running well by a mate untill it stuck to holes in the block. unlucky fella!

Ernie
22-04-07, 11:17 AM
im sure i can see the stig standing next to a marshal dug out.
Never mind mate the block is here when ever you want it.

Stoo
22-04-07, 11:31 AM
What a pitiful effort! You could have at least thrown a rod thru the bonnet you ****ing fag!

Bottom end and other lumps ready for you dude!

Philsutton
22-04-07, 12:22 PM
Your not a man until youve spat a rod out lol

macc nova
22-04-07, 12:25 PM
that looks nasty, how was the day all in all?

kevster
22-04-07, 12:39 PM
oh no hate that kined of noise :(

c'2.0lrt
22-04-07, 01:07 PM
gutted for ya mate but im sure you started to lap people in first vid?

Lee
22-04-07, 01:09 PM
yeah, took a few laps to trust the car, but that V6 veccy definately appeared twice lol

BigStan
22-04-07, 01:17 PM
Unlucky mate, looks like a fun day out, how would i go about going to spectate ?

goldengraham
22-04-07, 01:38 PM
yeh same as what Bigstan said, and yeh im sure i saw you lap people on first vid lol,

Lee
22-04-07, 01:40 PM
You just turn up and park lol. Not sure what the entry price is for spectating, not much iirc.

Ernie
22-04-07, 01:43 PM
Turn up on the day and pay on the gate.
I think it's around a tenner if that helps.

Ernie
22-04-07, 01:45 PM
Just remembered you laped me 4 or 5 time's in your first vid.
But then again i was stood against the marshall dug out.

BigStan
22-04-07, 01:46 PM
You just turn up and park lol. Not sure what the entry price is for spectating, not much iirc.

If you have any info on it and dates and such that you will be driving let me know thanks.

Ernie
22-04-07, 01:47 PM
http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/story.asp?ArticleID=128

This should help you bud.

BigStan
22-04-07, 01:49 PM
Cheers mate !

ANDYRACER
22-04-07, 01:53 PM
Ill give that engine blow up about an 8, nice work. :thumb:

Just bring it back better than ever and more multi coloured lol:cool:

Geth
22-04-07, 01:56 PM
that's really bad luck Lee, hope you can get a new block sorted soon. Although it's good to hear the chassis is doing the bees knees.

Sorry I didn't come down for a look like I said I would, I got invited to a wedding party thing so decided I'd be better off staying at home. A bit of a silly move really as it didn't start until 8:30 so I spent most of the day kicking my heels. :tard:

Ernie
22-04-07, 02:10 PM
lol @ Bassboy

Riggy
22-04-07, 02:22 PM
lol unlucky on the engine lee , but im sure its not going to take long before a new one is found lol

burgo
22-04-07, 02:49 PM
at about mins just as your going threw the chicane you can hear something aint right in the vid. sounded abit tappety so praps you had abit of oil starvation :confused: . good to see it kicking so ass tho

Lee
22-04-07, 02:55 PM
I noticed that as soon as i watched the vid. We didnt notice any change at the time.

Ernie
22-04-07, 02:59 PM
blue mist me thinks.

Like when i said i would go out and take it steady....

As if lol.

Martin
22-04-07, 03:43 PM
Shame about the engine fatality but looked a good day before that..

sorry i never turned up. went out on the pissh nite before..

Mazz
22-04-07, 03:51 PM
Any body else notice the cloud's of smoke coming out the back of the Sierra!?
Shame about the engine, but as least it will live again..

DIB
22-04-07, 04:29 PM
Great vids:cool: i liked the second one with you chasing the 3 door cossie:cool: awesome stuff.

MyNovaSr
22-04-07, 04:38 PM
what was the engine running before u killed it?
as in bhp and mods .

Good vids m8

NovaNeil
22-04-07, 05:18 PM
Just watched the Video... Very good! Saw you on the first session, car was going very well but missed the 2nd one you did.

Have you got a Diff in it now?

What spec are you going to build the new engine to?

Neil

Lee
22-04-07, 05:29 PM
The plan is to use steel rods and get hold of an early unground crank and have it balanced. Steel flywheel, possibly dry sump it if i can afford to, and then some new cams, and a rev limit of around 8.2k ish. Ive got a year starting now so should be doable. TBH, iven if it takes longer im in no rush, the car will be plenty fun enough with a std engine on bodies. Dars car is testament to that!!

Ernie
22-04-07, 06:51 PM
just watched it for the first time with the sound working.
I still crying and the way your car got to watch them all go away at the end.
And at its home ground aswel.

Dar
22-04-07, 07:42 PM
BANG! and the engine is gone!lol
Nice footage until the engine divorced the rod. Glad you have the right attitude though mate. I didn't fancy going on suicide watch, or trying to stop you stripping and trying a track invasion in a mad moment of insanity:eek:

Lee
22-04-07, 07:50 PM
BANG! and the engine is gone!lol
Nice footage until the engine divorced the rod. Glad you have the right attitude though mate. I didn't fancy going on suicide watch, or trying to stop you stripping and trying a track invasion in a mad moment of insanity:eek:

I did plan on a naked track invasion, but that was before the engine blew lol

mowgli
22-04-07, 08:05 PM
there's an old saying:
an engine is always working best just before it blows up.
its small consolation, but it looked great before it blew

m.d.
22-04-07, 08:06 PM
god i miss the track, does look like your car is set up far to hard and you have a too higher ratio box too, but looks like you got the hang of it quickly,

Lee
22-04-07, 08:17 PM
god i miss the track, does look like your car is set up far to hard and you have a too higher ratio box too, but looks like you got the hang of it quickly,

Too hard? er no, think i need stiffer rear springs if anything! And id love an SCCR, but one thing at a time eh lol

S.Nelson
22-04-07, 11:10 PM
Looked Awesome there m8 , as said shame bout the engine , but im sure it will be back even better :D

rdanny
22-04-07, 11:43 PM
i dont know **** about track days to be honest but it looked good in the first video and i love to see vids like this posted and love novas to the bone but i cant help thinking what if you had a better car.. 3:30 the second vid with the blue subaru lol wonder what he thought

craig green
23-04-07, 01:10 PM
The car looked to be going very well Lee, I did see the exhaust bouncing about under the rear bumper. Possibly off putting to others on track?

Gutted for ya tho. Onwards & upwards! eh?

Lee
23-04-07, 01:59 PM
i dont know **** about track days to be honest but it looked good in the first video and i love to see vids like this posted and love novas to the bone but i cant help thinking what if you had a better car.. 3:30 the second vid with the blue subaru lol wonder what he thought

Dunno what you mean by better car?? IMO theres nothing better to use as a track weapon until you get into the realms of Ultimates and Noble's etc..

The car looked to be going very well Lee, I did see the exhaust bouncing about under the rear bumper. Possibly off putting to others on track?

I see you noticed my strategey. Always thinking you see! Next year im strapping an inflatable cock to the front bumper lol

craig green
23-04-07, 03:19 PM
I see you noticed my strategey. Always thinking you see! Next year im strapping an inflatable cock to the front bumper lol

I'll be the bloke bent over on Avon rise waiting for the penetration of my life... lol