PDA

View Full Version : How much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Novasport
21-04-07, 10:12 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290105312503&rd=1&rd=1
:eek:
Must have really wanted it bad, or he put the wrong amount in!

NickWalliams
21-04-07, 10:14 PM
I was highest bidder at ?2100 my max would of been ?2250 but ?3500 is just rediculous! wonder who the other high bidder was?!

krobinson
21-04-07, 10:15 PM
I limited myself to ?3000, me and the Terri were going to buy it to show it as standard. I got carried away and bidded ?3400 quickly with 2 secs left, but this guy won it.

He paid mental money and i'm kinda glad i didnt win at that price now! As a certain nova turbo wouldnt be out till 2020 lol.

Keith

Novasport
21-04-07, 10:16 PM
I know:p

Novasport
21-04-07, 10:17 PM
Now you know:D

NickWalliams
21-04-07, 10:20 PM
anyone know who the winner is then?

NovaLad
21-04-07, 10:57 PM
i just sex weed

peester
21-04-07, 11:16 PM
I know:p

do ya?

Stuart
21-04-07, 11:19 PM
the winner must be on crack lol

Ash
21-04-07, 11:26 PM
unless nova.sport sent a PM to someone, i'd say it was him

krobinson
21-04-07, 11:33 PM

The winner isnt paying up. second chance offers on way!

Adam
22-04-07, 12:24 AM
the winner must be on crack lol
Agreed

Novasport
22-04-07, 12:33 AM

Err no, read the post again! Nick said 'I wonder whow the next highest bidder was?'. I replied that I knew but Keith had already said it was him so I then replied 'Now you know'.
Get it
I'm not the highest bidder, in fact I did not bid at all!

NickWalliams
22-04-07, 11:21 AM
The winner isnt paying up. second chance offers on way!

So will that mean you will have to pay ?3400 for it?

Paul16v
22-04-07, 11:25 AM
So will that mean you will have to pay ?3400 for it?

he wont have to buy it but he will have the option to buy it for that!

draper
22-04-07, 11:43 AM
wouldnt surprise me if it was the seller bidding that much to get the price up

krobinson
22-04-07, 11:44 AM
The bidder was from Antrim in NI and messed him about.

BigStan
22-04-07, 12:10 PM
So you going to go for it then ?

krobinson
22-04-07, 02:59 PM
So you going to go for it then ?

:cool:

NickWalliams
22-04-07, 03:13 PM
keith I hate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!let me buy it! go spend the cash on your turbo lol

vaughanmc
22-04-07, 03:20 PM
lol

c'2.0lrt
22-04-07, 03:23 PM
your all mad is really worth that????

Mazz
22-04-07, 03:39 PM
Is it really worth 3.5k? I know its another mint low miler etc etc, but 3.5k ffs!

vaughanmc
22-04-07, 03:41 PM
i'd say its worth more like ?2800 :roll:

Adam
22-04-07, 05:20 PM
I'd give ?800-?1000 for it,Lol.
Fcuk anymore than that.

krobinson
22-04-07, 05:21 PM
keith I hate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!let me buy it! go spend the cash on your turbo lol

Sorry mate. Cant let it go.

And for everyone else, i'm not paying ?3400! its only that price because some idiot from Antrim bid and couldnt pay up.

Keith

RJM25R
22-04-07, 05:26 PM
I reckon he was shill bidding it up, someone who he knows putting in bogus bids. Happens all the time!

krobinson
22-04-07, 05:30 PM
I reckon he was shill bidding it up, someone who he knows putting in bogus bids. Happens all the time!

Happens alot, but dont think in this case, the highest bidder is actually from ireland. And I'm paying a fair wack less than ?3500, so would be silly for him to outbid so high then accept my much lower offer.

Still tho, i'm happy with what i'm paying for the car i really want, so its all good.

Keith

RJM25R
22-04-07, 05:34 PM
Happens alot, but dont think in this case, the highest bidder is actually from ireland. And I'm paying a fair wack less than ?3500, so would be silly for him to outbid so high then accept my much lower offer.

Still tho, i'm happy with what i'm paying for the car i really want, so its all good.

Keith

Fair enough, but you've gone over what you set your own resolve at, so IF it's been shill bidded, it has had the desired effect, IE getting you to bid higher....

Nice car though...... Wish I could have had it!

krobinson
22-04-07, 05:36 PM
I said i wouldnt pay more that ?3000 in my mind. But i put on the forms 2k as to make people aware i wouldnt pay more, so hopefully help me pay less. Dunno if that worked tho? lol

rc
22-04-07, 05:37 PM
3500 :eek: :eek: :eek: :tard:
are you all on drugs?:confused:

Dan 130
22-04-07, 05:39 PM

Keith

if thats what you think its worth , and your happy with what your paying then there is no problem, top man is a really nice car:thumb:

krobinson
22-04-07, 05:41 PM
I DID NOT PAY ?3500!!

Keith

Stoo
22-04-07, 05:44 PM
No But Some Mug Bid Up To That

RJM25R
22-04-07, 05:49 PM
These people aren't stupid, they've probably been on the forums looking around for what they go for. They probably had "KROBINSON" NAME FROM DVLA FOR WHO OWNE THE MOST NOVA'S!!!

krobinson
22-04-07, 05:52 PM
These people aren't stupid, they've probably been on the forums looking around for what they go for. They probably had "KROBINSON" NAME FROM DVLA FOR WHO OWNE THE MOST NOVA'S!!!

lol!!!!

peester
22-04-07, 06:20 PM
wicked! means ill get to see the car one day... yay, game on..
another reason to consider keith as president one day .. lol

krobinson
22-04-07, 06:37 PM
wicked! means ill get to see the car one day... yay, game on..
another reason to consider keith as president one day .. lol

I want to bring it to billing this year, but i just dont think i'll be able to afford it. I'll see how i get on with funds, maybe if i can sell the REG for as much as he stated i'll be fine!

Keith

Mazz
22-04-07, 07:23 PM
I'll see how i get on with funds, maybe if i can sell the REG for as much as he stated i'll be fine!

Keith

lol

Ash
22-04-07, 09:36 PM
Err no, read the post again! Nick said 'I wonder whow the next highest bidder was?'. I replied that I knew but Keith had already said it was him so I then replied 'Now you know'.
Get it
I'm not the highest bidder, in fact I did not bid at all!

lol got it, t'was quiet tired when i read that, plus other people were still asking...

So when you picking it up Keith?

dhdev (Oli)
22-04-07, 10:15 PM
Would make a great base for a track nova, its even motorsport white to start with!

Terri-ann
23-04-07, 10:40 AM
Would make a great base for a track nova, its even motorsport white to start with!

At the price that was paid for it it will NOT become a track nova!!!

Stuart
23-04-07, 10:44 AM
yeah of course, your not alowed to track a car thats worth more than ?500 oli, FFS lmao

best tell the F1 boys to calm down on the spending ;)

Terri-ann
23-04-07, 10:46 AM
If i get my way that car will only be out ot be driven to and from shows its in tooooo good a condition and i think the better he looks after it and keeps it but also enjoys it the longer we will have it!! heheheheh :)

NickWalliams
23-04-07, 12:48 PM
Its a real shame I didnt win this car as it would of got used whenever the sun was shining not just for a couple of shows a year or whatever, the bloke selling it has told me that he's sold it to the 2nd highest bidder for ?3400!

Paul
23-04-07, 05:45 PM
tbh my opinion is this:

Its a 1400SR Nova at the end of the day, not worth anymore than ?1000 and thats only becuase the condition of the shell.

Its nothing special unless you actually like Nova's as they come. And I don't.

It will never be worth anymore that what has just been paid for it, they will never become classics.

A shell like that should be used for a big engine, not just sat in a garage, because even when it goes to a show, it will not get looked at or appreciated like a turbo nova or 16V Nova.

Even if only a 16xe or something went in there, then it would make it a hell of a lot more worthwhile than leaving it as it is.

kevster
23-04-07, 05:50 PM
were do you all get your money from i want some

raymond
23-04-07, 05:54 PM
were do you all get your money from i want some

i was thinking the same thing myself

vaughanmc
23-04-07, 06:01 PM
yeah my dad always asks what does he work as and so on lol

i never have an answer for the man though

SRimon
23-04-07, 06:07 PM

Why are you on here then?

It will never be worth anymore that what has just been paid for it, they will never become classics.

I disagree, at the time Austin A30's etc wouldn't have become classics, but they are, as with Hillman Imps etc etc etc

A shell like that should be used for a big engine, not just sat in a garage, because even when it goes to a show, it will not get looked at or appreciated like a turbo nova or 16V Nova.

I'd prefer to look at a MINT concours SR nova over a same old same old XE nova

Even if only a 16xe or something went in there, then it would make it a hell of a lot more worthwhile than leaving it as it is.

The SR was and will always be a hoot to drive

vaughanmc
23-04-07, 06:09 PM
well done that man ^^^

good words

kevster
23-04-07, 06:16 PM
Why are you on here then?

I disagree, at the time Austin A30's etc wouldn't have become classics, but they are, as with Hillman Imps etc etc etc

I'd prefer to look at a MINT concours SR nova over a same old same old XE nova

The SR was and will always be a hoot to drive

well said si im will you :thumb:

Wilson
23-04-07, 06:23 PM
well done that man ^^^

good words

Not realy tbh. if you look at what other cars are about for the ?3k mark you would proberly understand. Yeh everyone on hear likes or has owned a nova but they are only worth what you want to pay. I wouldnt pay over ?1500 for a standard engined SR no matter what its bodywork is like.

Spudly
23-04-07, 06:29 PM
But after alls said and done, the car has been bought by someone who we all know is totally passionate about novas and will take good care of it, i for one hope he does leave it as it comes (with maybe a few tweaks like suspension and the exhaust type stuff) which im pretty sure he will.
But when we have all said our bit, the car is Keiths so its up to him what he does with it and how much he has and will be spending on it, but no matter what he does with it, you only have to look at his previous and current cars to see his attention to detail with them (NDZ to quote one) it will stay looking stunning and thats for certain!

krobinson
23-04-07, 07:24 PM
Its a 1400SR Nova at the end of the day, not worth anymore than ?1000 and thats only becuase the condition of the shell.

Agreed to alot of people its worth nothing more than ?1k. But i've a list of people pestering me to sell it to them already back here for alot more than i paid. I know of a 120k Nova SRI sold for ?2800 and it wasnt anyway near as clean.

I've always loved standard novas, sport/SR/SRI/GSI. However i've always prefered them lowered with the right alloys. But now when i see a totally standard sporty model i think they look great. Shame you dont feel the same.

They arn't concidered classics yes, The Nova sports definatly are tho! And i'm sure old skool mk1 SR's will follow next. Look at that other thread showing stevens SR nova, he's getting offered SILLY money for that, more than you'd ever dream of getting for a nova.

I assure you it will be appreciated. I took my 1985 1.2 to PV 2006 and everyone couldnt believe what they were seeing. It got loads of attention. And i'm sure this SR would do the same as you just rarely see good standard novas anymore.

As for it being better appreciated with an XE, maybe by someone else, but I'm going to have a Nova turbo finished by the end of the year so i'll not be interested in an SR with an XE.

Its a real shame I didnt win this car as it would of got used whenever the sun was shining not just for a couple of shows a year or whatever, the bloke selling it has told me that he's sold it to the 2nd highest bidder for ?3400!

Nick, stop e-mailing the seller trying to buy the car under my nose, he keeps ringing me telling me about all your e-mails. I thought you were a decent lad until this!

The car will be drivin loads. All summer if i can help it. I just wont drive it to work to lay in a carpark for someone to steal or damage it. After all even if i bring it to a show, it cost me ?500 and 700 mile round trip to go to the shows, more than the majority of people would ever travel for a show.

Keith

krobinson
23-04-07, 07:26 PM
As for affording it.

Terri had saved ?1500 to get her nova up to scratch. Now were selling it for ?600 as a project, lads coming to collect it tonight. And were using the other ?1500 towards the SR.

Terri's off to work miles away for microsoft for a year, and will get the GTE rep as her own car when she's back.

:thumb:

Keith

Adam
23-04-07, 07:32 PM
Good to hear its going to a owner that will look after and maintain its condition :)

bieransri
23-04-07, 07:34 PM
keith, at the end of the day. it's your money that you have earned and therefore its yours to do what you want with, if thats paying whats may be considered alot for a nova then fair play is it not?

after all doesnt everyone bang on about nova's only being worth what someone is willing to pay for it. so if keith was willing to pay the amount he's paid for it, then isnt everyone contradicting themselves when they say i wouldnt of paid that much for it?

the fact that this is a nova dominated forum and everone on here appreciates novas especially one as clean as this then everyone should just be in envy and just say you lucky git :lol:

great buy keith hope you enjoy driving it and using it as it was intended.:thumb:

vaughanmc
23-04-07, 07:37 PM
so your giving Terri the GTE -- she will love it :D

Terri-ann
23-04-07, 07:48 PM
so your giving Terri the GTE -- she will love it :D

Your right i sure do!
I cant wait to see this we beauty i have to say i saw an sr at the weekend and i wasnt fussed but it will be nice to see keith finally get a nova he has ALWAYS wanted!
To all those others who aint happy for him Jealousy gets you no where in life!:thumb:

Terri-ann

Lee
23-04-07, 07:58 PM
Ive been watching this thread closely. All i can say is how similar it is to when Matt aquired Bretts nova.

I would never pay that for a Nova, but all I can say is, in 10 years time, when most of our rot boxes have gone to the big scrappy in the sky, this Nova will still be alive, and in Keiths hands, probably in a similar condition to what it is now. Regardless of what he paid for it, it wont have lost money, and more to the point, will probably be worth a hell of a lot more! Maybe it wont be a classic, maybe it will, but the less novas there are, the more the mint ones are worth to the right people.

Fair play to you keith, look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Terri-ann
23-04-07, 08:04 PM
in 10 years time, when most of our rot boxes have gone to the big scrappy in the sky, this Nova will still be alive, and in Keiths hands, probably in a similar condition to what it is now. .

This i hope to be true as i have agreed with keith that we will be purchasing bubbles for the gte an sr when funds permit!!
Even if it means i buy them so that he can get the turbo finished on time!!

I have never met a guy so into his novas as keith so im willing to help him as much as i can! And that includes if we have to have a bigger garage than we do house!(well maybe!!:wtf: im still thinking about that one lol)

Terri-ann

Lee
23-04-07, 08:06 PM
PMSL

My dream house is to have the whole ground floor a garage, and the living quarters upstairs. lol

NickWalliams
23-04-07, 08:12 PM
Nick, stop e-mailing the seller trying to buy the car under my nose, he keeps ringing me telling me about all your e-mails. I thought you were a decent lad until this!

The car will be drivin loads. All summer if i can help it. I just wont drive it to work to lay in a carpark for someone to steal or damage it. After all even if i bring it to a show, it cost me ?500 and 700 mile round trip to go to the shows, more than the majority of people would ever travel for a show.

Keith

I only emailed him to ask how much he had sold it to you for, do you honestly think Id of gone down there and bought it under your nose, and then took it to shows etc??? especially for ?3400, the guy is laughing at you anyway as your paying ?1300 more than the next person was willing to pay for it?!:confused:

And he keeps saying to me that oh the irish are all over the place and that he doubts your even gonna turn up, Ive already assured him that you will!

novabex
23-04-07, 08:16 PM
Ladies ladies!

Terri-ann
23-04-07, 08:18 PM
PMSL

My dream house is to have the whole ground floor a garage, and the living quarters upstairs. lol

Are you and keith long lost brothers... he had that idea but i dont like the idea that the house might fall on top of them lol

Lee
23-04-07, 08:19 PM
Are you and keith long lost brothers... he had that idea but i dont like the idea that the house might fall on top of them lol

Nothing a few well placed pillars wouldnt fix. Always thinking i am lol

draper
23-04-07, 08:29 PM
why do you need a house ?? just lob a bed in an upstairs office, a TV in the other

job done ;)

krobinson
23-04-07, 08:36 PM
I only emailed him to ask how much he had sold it to you for, do you honestly think Id of gone down there and bought it under your nose, and then took it to shows etc??? especially for ?3400, the guy is laughing at you anyway as your paying ?1300 more than the next person was willing to pay for it?!:confused:

And he keeps saying to me that oh the irish are all over the place and that he doubts your even gonna turn up, Ive already assured him that you will!

I promise you i'm not paying ?3400 for it. I'm paying the amount i PM'd you about.

Keith

Keith

NickWalliams
23-04-07, 08:45 PM
Sorry about this keith its been a mix up lol, hope its a right minter and yeah you aint done bad for the price!

youR mate robbie williamson PMSL

Novasport
23-04-07, 08:48 PM
Ooops, what have I started?!?

I say good on ya Keith, glad to see some numpty hasn't got hold of it and Chavved it up.
I dont think he has paid over the odds, I'm sure a lot of people on here have bought a ?500 - ?1000 Nova and then gone on to spend another 1,2,3 thousand pound doing it up and to be honest this SR will probably get more attention than any of them(Apart froma a certain nice Sport thats being built:roll: ) and it will still be worth more!

TBH, its scary what I have spent building my Sport & I know I'll never get my money back, at least Keith can only make on the SR.

Hopefully I will get a new home for my Sport & my 4000 mile Astra 888 soon, not quite the ground floor of the house tho! I plan to build a garage at the bottom of my garden with enough room for 2 or possibly 3 cars and a 2 poster ramp would be nice.

dhdev (Oli)
23-04-07, 08:51 PM
4000 mile Astra 888

Now that could be a future classic :thumb:

mowgli
23-04-07, 09:12 PM
I can only congratulate keith. I think that a damn good standard nova will always look better & be worth more than a modified one.
I have seen some horrendous cars over the years, including a renault 5 turbo that 'cost' ?85k to build!!!!!!!!!!
My dad always drummed it into me that you should buy a car with a good body & interior, as ?500 gets you a lot of engine, but ?500 does not get you a lot of bodywork.
I only hope that the sale is as genuine as it looks

krobinson
23-04-07, 09:12 PM
Sorry about this keith its been a mix up lol, hope its a right minter and yeah you aint done bad for the price!

youR mate robbie williamson PMSL

I was on the other end of the phone wondering why the hell robbie williams was buying a nova! lol

Keith

Novasport
23-04-07, 09:53 PM
Now that could be a future classic :thumb:

Hopefully, but I didnt buy it for that. I bought it as an everday car but now it just sees sunny days & shows due to getting a company car. Just couldnt bare to part with it.
The low miles was mainly down to the first owner as he only did 1400 miles in the 3 years he had it!

RJM25R
23-04-07, 10:51 PM
As for affording it.

Terri had saved ?1500 to get her nova up to scratch. Now were selling it for ?600 as a project, lads coming to collect it tonight. And were using the other ?1500 towards the SR.

:thumb:

Keith

I feel that Keith. I had ?3000 to spend on RJM25R(purple one) then K95VHD came up, similar money but ready to drive and enjoy so I bought the fecker. Who knows, I still have the old nova shell (and it now has brand new quarters, doors, wings, bonnet, bootlid, front panel, back panel, GSI bumpers ft and rear and is in primer) and the 'reg no, and one day when I've got more time i'll do what I planned but never finished!!!

Alex Mac
24-04-07, 12:28 AM
My God put the handbags away, Keith has won the car fair and square and if he wants to pay ?1K or ?10K for a Nova so bloody what !! if you would not pay that then no one is asking you to ( there are a few novas selling for ?5K plus)

You also have to consider getting the Car the whole way home as well, thats commitment in my book

Be Glad the car is going to an Enthusiast and not to someone not knowing what they have, and I am sure Keith will keep everyone upto date with progress threads, so we can all enjoy it

Fair play to you mate, and a good luck with it

ALEX

Dec16v
24-04-07, 03:17 PM
Keith, that's a tidy Nova you got yourself mate. As for the price, it's all about what people are willing to pay... when will the next 15k Nova SR come along!? Probably never.

People will pay ?3k+ for Saxo's, Clio's and 206's with higher mileage, so I don't see the big deal. People who are claiming you're mad for paying top dollar are just jealous that they won't be getting a 100% standard and rust free Nova.

Dec

Lynsey
24-04-07, 03:53 PM
Well, congratulations Keith and Terri-Ann on your new baby hehe. Hope all goes well :D

Terri-ann
24-04-07, 05:12 PM
Well, congratulations Keith and Terri-Ann on your new baby hehe. Hope all goes well :D

Yes our 4th in two years!! Its great! Hard work mind you!lol

craig green
24-04-07, 05:26 PM
LOL @ the classic talk.

there isnt a switch to push that makes a car (or anything) classic, but demand & supply will influence what people pay for items or whole cars.

Novas are already classics tbh. half the parts have dried up at dealers & things like solid doors are becoming rare & epensive to boot. The fact that there are hundreds of enthusiasts all willing to buy & keep the things on the roads ought to make it obvious.

Nice one Keith! It couldnt have gone to a better home tbh (after mine)

Lynsey
24-04-07, 05:35 PM
Yes our 4th in two years!! Its great! Hard work mind you!lol

hehe yeah I bet!! I am a single mother lol one is enough for me to handle ;)

Terri-ann
24-04-07, 08:45 PM
hehe yeah I bet!! I am a single mother lol one is enough for me to handle ;)

Yeah.. 4 is hard work especially when it comes to making sure they are well looked after in terms of clothing (parts) etc!! :) ;)

LOL LOL LOL

SRimon
30-04-07, 05:06 PM
whats the story then keith?

vaughanmc
30-04-07, 05:10 PM
read somewhere about overspray on the window surround -- you can see it slightly here:
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/5755/srzy7.jpg
what else was wrong with it??

Jack
30-04-07, 05:26 PM
Thats not overspray, thats reflection of the sun where the surround has been polished up. You can see the same effect on the rest of the window frames.