PDA

View Full Version : Turbo - Will HKS One Fit??

MyNovaSr
21-04-07, 05:22 PM
Hiya people,

I got offered a HKS T04R quick spooling turbo today from a mate who has it on his supra for ?500. I myself didnt think this was overly bad as he paid 2k and its under a year old. What made me laugh is he said he was getting rid of it because the turbo dies at 180mph :cool:.

If I got a mainfold made would it couple up the my redtop? Where would I get the correct internals to happily run this giant turbo at 0.8bar?

I hoped that it would as the effects would be :eek: as he had just got back from pod when he saw me and was running low 11's :thumb: .

Ideas Phil cough or anyone?

Cheers

MyNovaSr
21-04-07, 08:28 PM
I guess no one knows anything.... :roll:

Philsutton
21-04-07, 09:53 PM
Yes you can fit it but you will need to make up a custom manifold to so. Any more info on the turbo as you wont just be able to bolt it on an hope for the best, not as easy as that. Im running a GT30 on mine which is good upto 600bhp. You need to find out what a/r it is al the housing sizes an work out whether its what you want for what you want from your engine.

Stuart
21-04-07, 10:35 PM
the turbo on its own dosent make a fantastic engine.... you need correct pistons, bottom end spec, had work, cams, valve train, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, charge cooling (be it charge cooler or IC), management that is correctly setup etc...

If you REALLY want to use it, then do it properly, otherwise buy it and flog it to some other spaz

MyNovaSr
22-04-07, 04:20 PM
i am not a spaz ;) . How much would this hks turbo sell for?

Whats the a/r? (air ratio??)

id like 250-350 bhp out of my nova. But then I guess with this I could run low pressure for everyday driving and then crank it up for some speed?

is anyone on here good enough to re-build my engine for me or is that something I have to do myself?

Philsutton
22-04-07, 05:05 PM
To be honest sell the turbo, you can get 300 on the standard kkk which is reliable enough.

is anyone on here good enough to re-build my engine for me or is that something I have to do myself?

Im capable of rebuilding engines, thing is whether you do it your self or get someone lese to do it, it isnt cheap at all.