PDA

View Full Version : gearbox &10k boost

Anonymous
06-01-02, 12:41 PM
is it worth getting another gearbox for my car? its got only four gears atm which i'm a little disappointed about, though considering it cant even reach a ton (its a 1.2i merit+) i dunno if there is any need for more... can a new 5 gear gearbox increase top speed a little?

also, that 10k boost thing, whats it do? looks like a con to me, a bit like go faster stripes :)

Anonymous
06-01-02, 12:47 PM
I'd guess that your top speed is limited by power, not the ratio of the highest gear. A close ratio five speed box will however probably help you get up to speed quicker by keeping your revs closer to your power band, so acceleration will be improved.

**Why take 16V's onto the track when u can use 8?**

Anonymous
06-01-02, 02:37 PM
Hi depend on wat u want if u want top end speed or off the make.if u want top end go for 5 if of the mark go 4 4 speed.

Anonymous
06-01-02, 02:52 PM
I used 10K boost on my GTE a couple of months ago. I used the 2 can pack. Whilst using it, my exhaust chucked out loads of bluey dark smoke, which i suppose was the carbon deposits it was trying to get rid of. Once i'd finished with both cans I took it for a drive. General driving didn't seem any different, but once I put my foot down I noticed it reached the redline far smoother. I had a little flat spot in the rev range before, but it seemed to sort it out. So I think it's good stuff. My car has quite high miles, so maybe it that effects it, also being a 1.6.
I personally would reccomend it, but that's just my opinion.

Go faster stripes aren't a con, they're the best mod on my car ;)

http://www.novagte.co.uk

We like a smooth behind

Anonymous
06-01-02, 03:58 PM
can't reach 100mph!!! sounds like u need to dump ur seats/mates/fat gfs out of the car, decat it, fit a corsa air box and cone filter

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Driver required to take car to VBOA/TRAX apply at ste@novaload.net