PDA

View Full Version : XE conversion,what to do!

lee coley
21-04-07, 09:23 AM
Talking to a new lad that as started working at our place he was saying how hes not a fan of the nova but mine looked ok etc etc.

He asked if i was putting an XE in the nova i said no i cant afford it,he said hes fitted a few in his time explaining he used to work at cossvaux:)

I asked him if hed ever do a conversion for me or if hed help me if id ever wanted to do it,any way we got talking hes told me to get hold of an early astra GTE red top engine,special drive shafts/hubs,mounts etc.

All seems good so far untill i asked him about fuel pump,fuel tank and radiator he didnt seem to say or explain what i needed,i have an idea what i need i was just asking him to see what hed say,all he said was electronic fuel pump or something like that!:confused:

Then i searched COSSVAUX on this site they seem to have bad rep! :eek:

*sr-sam*
21-04-07, 07:25 PM
personally i wouldn't go there if they have bad rep!

lee coley
21-04-07, 07:31 PM
ill not be taking it there they went bust,owner chucked towel in,owed money

Philsutton
21-04-07, 10:34 PM
He asked if i was putting an XE in the nova i said no i cant afford it,he said hes fitted a few in his time explaining he used to work at cossvaux:)

Walk away an dont talk conversions with him. I have one of their cars that they started about 2 years ago at the garage to finish off, they bolted in a bare block an fitted some second hand suspension and took 4k off him for the pleasure. And after stripping the engine down it had none of the bits they had told the guy they had fitted, the suspension they fitted was sold as brand new as well. Imo ive heard nothing but bad rep about them.

Stuart
21-04-07, 10:37 PM
Avoid

lee coley
22-04-07, 11:39 AM
Walk away an dont talk conversions with him. I have one of their cars that they started about 2 years ago at the garage to finish off, they bolted in a bare block an fitted some second hand suspension and took 4k off him for the pleasure. And after stripping the engine down it had none of the bits they had told the guy they had fitted, the suspension they fitted was sold as brand new as well. Imo ive heard nothing but bad rep about them.

4k,how can they justify that? i can see why they packed up now,4k :eek: .

He claims they finished that 2xlet nova,boost beast?

Philsutton
22-04-07, 12:24 PM
Lmfao

lee coley
22-04-07, 12:31 PM
so hes talking ****e then?haha,ill avoid him at work from now on!

Stuart
22-04-07, 04:36 PM
regal claim to have built boost beast..... it was actually built in germany...

Paul
22-04-07, 06:52 PM
EDS built that in Germany.

Cossvaux are ****. Still owe people some money to this day as far as I know!

rdanny
22-04-07, 11:19 PM
just get a astra gte,

a good place to ask is at banger racers (if u ever get to one i cant find a good one locally at the moment) they throw redtops in and out all the time i once got offerd a whole nova with 2lxe 400 quid. i just laughed at the time cos it would have been worth it just for the tyres

let_nova
24-04-07, 07:19 PM
ha hes mental!