PDA

View Full Version : urgent

Anonymous
03-01-02, 11:54 AM
my car (1.3sr)was fine. it was left in the cold for 2 days and now it wont start at all. at first i thought the battery was flat, but ive tried, jump starting, bump starting and even towing it-but nothing.
what should i do

Anonymous
03-01-02, 12:24 PM
that dont help m8! u need to tel us more.
Right, it wouldnt turn over yea, if u thought the battery was flat. So u used jump leads, then wot? did it turn over and not start. didnt turn over at all?
Plz tell me u had plenty of antifreeze in ur engine!!!!!!!!!
Obviously check the earth straps on ur engine and from the gearbox!

Anonymous
03-01-02, 04:36 PM
it has been fine up untill now, it turns over but the engine wont fire at all. i only bought the car a couple of weeks ago. and (being the fool that i am) i haven't checked anti-freeze ect. if this is the prob how do i fix it?
what have the earth straps got to do with it?

Anonymous
03-01-02, 10:03 PM
Probably cold and damp in the electrics. Try re-newing the spark plugs first. The easy fix would be to get it down to a friendly garage who'll prob. get it going in half the time you may take.

Anonymous
04-01-02, 12:54 AM
if u can take out a spark plug and leave it connected (hope u know howto do this) hold it close to the engine or slam panel (if u have1 :P) with a well insulated glve/tool. get some1 to turn the engine over, and make sure u r gettin a good spark.
take off ur airbox and move yourthrottle cable, im sure u shud see it sqert a bit of fuel into the carb from the main jet (dont do this much or ul flood it)
really u shud b able to smel petrol if u take out a spark plug if u have turned the engine over a few times with out it runing.Thats it basically, if u have a spark/fuel, and it was runing ok b4 it shud go!!!
If u didnt have any antifreeze in it u can crack the cylinder head as the water expands into ice. i dodubt u have done this if ur engine will turn over ok now!!

Anonymous
05-01-02, 09:53 AM
lol @ dickos slam pannel joke

only a select few know what hes on about, ha ha ha

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
06-01-02, 12:40 AM
lol :)

hey dicko i have a pic ov ur slam panel from last january.. wonder if u can remember wot it looked like ;)

=======================
If there's grass on the pitch... :D