PDA

View Full Version : Blow over

Novadex
20-04-07, 08:27 AM
hey all, Being that im not too clued up about body work (in a car sence lol), im in need of some help.

Im getting my Car re-sprayed soon, the trouble ive got is im buying two new doors and a new bonnet. Cash isnt great so im having to do it all in stages. Im getting the doors and bonnet hopefully soon and i also need to get my Rear arches replaced. Do i put the doors and bonnet on and take it in and get the door shuts and underneath of the bonnet sprayed (and arch work) or do i take the car in with the pannels separate?
Might sound like a silly question, but im really clueless lol

also, how much would i expect to pay for the spray job and arch work?
The car is silk violet.

P.S: all prep work needed i will carry out myself.

SRlew
20-04-07, 10:35 AM
what sort of arch work you need doing? if its a new panle putting in then thats probably a fair amount of it right there lol

Matt2107
20-04-07, 10:53 AM
I paid about ?50 an arch for a repair panel to be put in... without painting.

Pillar
20-04-07, 12:01 PM
best bet is to get it all done at once because they will blow in the wings to match the bonnet then the 1/4 panels to match the doors

Novadex
20-04-07, 12:28 PM
thanx lads! Can any one give me a rough price of a re spray? i know it varies but just a rough-ish price will help. thanx

ive_had_a_novadose
20-04-07, 12:44 PM
i'm having near enough the same thing done when i gather the money like 2 new rear archs (just the repair panels) a new N/S wing and a respray only a quick spray over though and i would like to know a rough price aswell lol

Pillar
20-04-07, 01:37 PM
if you supply the panels you will probly looking at ?400 approx it just depends on where you go?

craig green
20-04-07, 02:16 PM
I'd have the panels sprayed off the car so you can make the most of the cheap respray & they might cut fewer corners. You will have more time on your hands to mess about with panel fit & what not whereas the body shop who will be working to a price will just slap the bits back on willy nilly, leaving you wishing you hadnt bothered.

(own experience)