PDA

View Full Version : best place to buy a nice nova?

s14a
20-04-07, 01:38 AM
where will i get a nice nova lads?? got my last gsi on hear.. havnt seen any nice 1s in ages for sale...
any tips?? pref after a nice gsi but will consider other
cheers:thumb:

Stuart
20-04-07, 08:00 AM
maybe not text typing would aid your serach for one lol.

Just look everywhere, here, mig, pvg, autotrader, ebay, local free ads etc.

peester
20-04-07, 08:10 AM
www.nicenovas.com (http://www.nicenovas.com)

nah.. as mentioned, its mainly the already familiar places; the best forums/ clubs/organisations, then either autotrader or ebay..
Might be worth keeping eyes out in the old fashioned newspaper/free ads too; as older owners may tend to stick to using that to advertise a possibly, perfectly mint, little used car..

Will F
20-04-07, 09:43 AM
Only the BEST novas aare found on www.google.com (http://www.google.com)

:roll:

craig green
20-04-07, 02:39 PM
You gotta search all means of advertising tbh. Enthusiast owned ones will appear on the Vaux sites though I would guess.

However looking for a decent condition SR/GSI or GTE is a long winded task & better off building a project from a decent poverty spec car or shell that could cost peanuts tbh.

ade
20-04-07, 04:14 PM
Spain or Portugal or Madiera.

Seriously - these places as DRY and they dont use SALT on the roads because it rarely gets frosty.

I swear - I went to Madiera 2 years ago and I've never seen so many minted shells. The ones I saw were all base models and white (not sure if this is due to other colours fading etc) but they were absolutely MINT! arches were clean and apart from a covering of dust and being left hand drive I couldnt fault them.

Got taking to one guy who said there was a garage that was flogging "corsa a's" (and other cars) for as little as ?200. Even when you add on transportation, import tax etc it cant be that much to bring it back to the UK. Especially if it means getting a minter.

Ade

Stuart
20-04-07, 06:24 PM
cars from Malta are RHD ;)

s14a
20-04-07, 08:29 PM
cars in the republic have no rust issues either... iv a mint 92 shell with not so much as surface rust underneath and a mint 92 gsi turbo nove but i want a nice standard 1 thats ready to drive as a to b car

very hard to get 1s in the uk with no rust...

any idea on how to find cars in malta for sale??

Nova-Dan
20-04-07, 08:31 PM
just keep looking around mate,there is a nova on here thats imaculate irrc still for sale,look in cars for sale

s14a
21-04-07, 01:15 AM
which 1 theres loads??

Niek
21-04-07, 01:44 PM
I'm with Ade on this one. Currently looking for a fresh Nova shell on Spanish and Portuguese sites. Need to do something about the Red Shed sitting dorment (sp?) up our drive. Language is a bit of a donkey's rear end though.

As for you UK lot; converting a LHD shell to RHD isn't all that hard - ask anyone who imported (and converted) a Spider.

Cheers,
Niek