PDA

View Full Version : A plan for the nova!!!

kronk10
19-04-07, 10:51 PM
Hi guys not been around for abit computer broke for abit and lost loads of interest in the nova!!!:confused: I just looked at it one day nad although it looks good for its age and i have a great tuned 1400 under the bonnet, it dissapointed me. Mainly because it needs a full respray including bumpers, wheels and engine bay, new archers all round (there not rusty just very poor) and i just got fed up. I have recently though got back into things i whent to a good bodyshop in ripley got a good qoute but its for a full job as in replace arches sort rust do any major welding and sort naff engine bay and relaistically iam looking at over a grand. Which is alot of money i cant get a loan as i have 1 already so its saving time!!! Main point of this thread is when i do go to pvs i want my car to look good the way i want it but it isnt:( so i hope to get off my **** save and get my car looking the best sr you have seen (well try watch this space):thumb::thumb::thumb:

draper
19-04-07, 10:52 PM
get your car on the stand jon !!

and welcome back stranger :thumb:

edit - what you looking at having done as i could prob get it chepaer for you ;)

kronk10
19-04-07, 10:59 PM
get your car on the stand jon !!

and welcome back stranger :thumb:

edit - what you looking at having done as i could prob get it chepaer for you ;)

Hi mate i feel abit bad about not being on the site for abitlol I want my arches redoing (i can supply the archers) my bumpers respraying any rust sorting out and my naff engine bay engine needs coming out and full respray. But it sounds costly and i want a proper job my old bodyshop was crap and i will never ever use them again:mad:

Adam
20-04-07, 11:14 AM
I thought you'd just had the bumpers done recently?

I think all nova owners have days like you've had, i do, everyweek lol

Ash
20-04-07, 06:09 PM

same here, i just look at my car in the garage (and then the piles of rust under it) and think: 'is it worth it?' - which no it isn't but i like it, plus not having a deadline helps spred the cost.

Philsutton
20-04-07, 09:08 PM
We all have days like that, I could have given up loads of times when it all went wrong but im glad i didnt. I hope you sort something out either way.

kronk10
20-04-07, 11:43 PM
Thanks guys glad to see iam not the only one wanting to just give up (and buy something sensible or new!!!) i am just gonna save up an wait it wont get done soon but when its all done i hope i can then be happy (untill more rust kicks in):tard: Gonna post my money so i can get on the novaload stand gonna be a good year for the nova's i think:thumb:

kronk10
20-04-07, 11:45 PM
I thought you'd just had the bumpers done recently?

I did and thw words ''get what you paid for comes to mind'' they were cheap to get done so have trurned out bad!!!! you live you learnlol

Adam
21-04-07, 12:15 AM
Not really,Lol.
I did my bumpers with a can of ?3 spray paint, and they've been on for over a year,still look good.