PDA

View Full Version : Rear ARB

Nova_Tek
19-04-07, 07:31 PM
Just washed the Nova took of the alloys and gave em a good clean and a polish to get rid of the cr*p.

Notcied that the rear beam had a space for the ARB but there isnt one fitted, (which I tought it did)

So I am now looking for an ARB.

Is it possible to fit one out of a GTE/GSi or are there any aftermarket ones available?

dannyb
19-04-07, 07:41 PM
Just get one from a GSI, its a 20mm ARB. Its worth getting a new trianbgular bush for it too (I think mine came with 2 side by side on it). If you get one from an SR/SRI/TD, it will be 18mm. All these are interchangeable with any Nova BTW.

Mike
19-04-07, 07:44 PM
any rear ARB will fit any rear axle

GTE/GSi's had 20mm (IIRC) with 2 bushes, SR/SRi's ahd 18mm with 1 bush

Nova_Tek
19-04-07, 07:55 PM
When you say a bush is it 2 pieces of rubber that stop the ARB from hitting the inside of the beam?

I'll go for the GTE/GSi one.

Now to look for someone who is selling one :D

Thanx peeps

Nova_Tek
19-04-07, 07:56 PM
Oh and just cursious... are there any actual aftermarket ARB's?

Iain
19-04-07, 08:25 PM
When you say a bush is it 2 pieces of rubber that stop the ARB from hitting the inside of the beam?

Yeah pretty much, although I assume it's there to lessen flex opposed to stop it hitting the beam. My 1.4 Luxe Plus has a rear ARB (with one bush), so it's not only GSi/SR/SRi's that had them.

Nova_Tek
19-04-07, 08:35 PM
Well mine is a 1.2 so it could be why it hasnt got one.

Well im deffinately gonna get one and I do want to get the 20mm one.

Thanx for the info :thumb:

Mike
19-04-07, 09:10 PM
Oh and just cursious... are there any actual aftermarket ARB's?

im sure whiteline make some aftermarket ones, i know they do Corsa GSi items tho

Nova_Tek
19-04-07, 09:27 PM
Had a look at the Whiteline ones they only do it for the Corsa B and C.

H&R also do a ARB set but thats around 150quid front and rear, only want rears.

Think im just gonna stick to the GTE/GSi ones should still make a difference compared to no ARB the aftermarket ones a bit pricey for me :)

Thanx anyway

Mike
19-04-07, 09:32 PM
IMHO after market are maybe a must for comp cars, nova's weight feck all anyway, and have a low centre of gravity tbh, so liary aftermarkets ones arnt really needed