PDA

View Full Version : let convo!

alan b
19-04-07, 01:37 AM
right iv been workin in a factory saving as much as possible for a new car, i was thinking a mk3 astra gsi, but then i thaut why not chuck an let in the nova altogether!!! so how much shud i aim to pay for an engine and loom? also would ye recommend the big shafts or staying with the gte ones? im not going to be tracking it or anything! also realisticly how much is it all going to cost? suspension, engine exhaust intercooler, the welding isnt a prob an the brakes will be sorted!cheers in advance lads!!

craig c20let
19-04-07, 05:59 PM
me and ste porter are close to completing a full rebuild of a gte into an turbo and ive spent about ?4500 and havn't brought any brakes or wheels yet so it won't be cheap mate

ste porter
19-04-07, 08:23 PM
and the rest ! if you are going to do it imo its only worth doing if its done right which means alot of money. That ?4500 so far has only brought coilovers engine and shell prep! have a look in the wip at my thread it may help you understand just whats involved personaly if you dont want to spend a fortune i would just stick to a standardish xe conversion

Philsutton
19-04-07, 09:01 PM
Its a lot of money but worth it in the long run, but it does all depends what you want from it. Expect to pay ?1k - ?1.5k for engine an box ect..