PDA

View Full Version : Setting the timeing on a 1.3SR

Mike_trx
17-04-07, 08:02 PM
Hey guys, got a haynes manual but I have no strobe gun to set the timing on my 1.3SR. I had the head off to put a new cam in and Im unsure how to set the timing up. Never done it before! Any help or ideas would be great cheers. :thumb:

michael harbour
17-04-07, 08:38 PM
cam timing or ignition?

macc nova
17-04-07, 10:55 PM
cam timing: allign the markers on both pulleys
ignition timing: allign the markers and make sure that the leads and rotor arm go on the correct way

Mike_trx
20-04-07, 01:36 PM
Hey thanks for the replies,it was pretty much the whole lot I was unsure about, so I set the block with the pointer matching the notch, and the cam pulley which is a piper one straight up matching the notch on the plate? As for ignition timing how do I know when its running spot on or do I definatley need a strobe gun for that. How do I know where to postion the rotor arm as Im struggling to find any guide marks anywhere for it.

craig green
20-04-07, 01:38 PM
Rotor arm is fixed.

Have you not got a rolling road or a college with rollers (cheap) who can set it up for optimum performance?

If not a good garage.

Mike_trx
20-04-07, 03:09 PM
hey craig, well the whole reason I was doin this myself was money ( surprise surprise ) the cost of gettin it to a garage in its current 'only block in car, head in peices on my bedroom floor' state and set up its something Im a bit scared to look at to be frank. Any ideas how much that would cost, I also have to grind the valves back into the head aswell.