PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 Oomph From a 1.2?

Anonymous
02-01-02, 08:34 PM
Further from my post below about the poor performance of my girlfriends 1.2, I was thinking that my 1.3 Astra is much faster, even though it's obviuosly a bigger, heavier car. I reckon part of the problem is that the 1B1 Peirburg has only one venturi. So, also taking into account the 1.2 will need a head swap or at least new tappets and valve grinding to sort it, why not stick a 2E3 carb complete with a 1.3 inlet manifold on to see what happens? Any thoughts or even experience?

Anonymous
02-01-02, 08:38 PM
If it will fit (which i presume it will as the 1.2 is virtually identical) then go for it! As u say the twin choke carb does make a BIG difference. Many peeps will be selling 2E3's as well, in fact if I can find a Weber 32/34 then you can buy mine!
Im sure porting/polishing the head and adding a high lift cam at the same time would help too..........:D

Anonymous
02-01-02, 10:08 PM
DO IT! I did it to mine (along with a 1.3 sr cam) and had all the shite cleaned out of the head. Add a full exhaust system and ur laffin - well, till u get a faster car anyways. Auto chokes a great thing too - when it works

Anonymous
02-01-02, 10:44 PM
That's the only thing that annoys me with my Astra - the auto choke. Got any experience with getting these to work properly?

Anonymous
03-01-02, 09:58 AM
u could strip it down and clean it up

but it still would probably not work?

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
03-01-02, 11:12 AM
they usually fall apart during the stripping process

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Driver required to take car to VBOA/TRAX apply at ste@novaload.net

Anonymous
03-01-02, 11:49 AM
or sit a 1300 lump, probably less hassle and you'll get more power

Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Red mk2 on white GSi 15s